Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > Visual C++ MFC > Toolkit Pro
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

unicode and edit controls

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adrien Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: unicode and edit controls
    Posted: 22 April 2009 at 11:45pm
Hi

After spending a month solid porting my app to unicode, I now have the fun of trying to get everything working again.

One problem I'm having is the edit controls - CEdit.

By default it seems it uses a font that doesn't support unicode, so any non-ansi chars show up as vertical bars (like a password control).

I've seen "solutions" reported that involve adding code to manually set a new font for every edit control in your app.

I've got hundreds of these around the place. It's unbelievable I would have to write code for each one surely?

Is there any way to get this to happen on a global basis? i.e. some func that will set the font for all dialogs?

Even skinning it might work for that?
Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2009 at 2:33am
Hi,

Check that you have DIALOGEX dialog style, font is "MS Shell Dlg" and DS_SETFONT | DS_FIXEDSYS styles are set.
Oleg, Support Team
CODEJOCK SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS
adrien View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adrien Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 April 2009 at 10:30am
Hi

Thanks... I found a solution also soon after I posted that. In the end I just searched and replaced in all my .rc files (about 40 of them) for MS Sans Serif and replaced with Microsoft Sans Serif, which is a unicode font.

I didn't change dialog types to dialogex.... there were hundreds of them...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic