Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > Visual C++ MFC > Toolkit Pro
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Print preview bug

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CyberSky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Print preview bug
    Posted: 17 February 2010 at 2:57pm

I've replaced the standard MFC print preview with the nicer print preview seen in some of the sample programs. I've added the following lines to my view's OnPreparePrinting():

pInfo->m_nNumPreviewPages = 1;

pInfo->SetMinPage(1);

pInfo->SetMaxPage(1);

This disables the Previous/Next Page buttons, as it should. However, the button to display multiple pages (to the left of Close Preview) is still enabled, and if I use it to display anything other than one page, the preview shows two pages, one with my document and the other one a blank page.

I think this button should be disabled if there is only one page, or it should cause just one page to appear in the preview, not two pages, one being blank.

Edit: In your print preview, both the One Page and Multiple Pages buttons are lacking tooltips. I also just checked Outlook 2007 and in its print preview, the Multiple Pages button is disabled if there is only one page page to print.

Edit 2: Another bug (?): When the print preview first appears, the pointer is a magnifying glass. Clicking causes the magnification/zoom to increase. In the standard print preview, once you hit maximum magnification, clicking cycles through the magnifications again. But, in your print preview, once you reach maximum (500%) the pointer changes to an arrow and clicking does nothing. To only way to go back to lower magnification is to use the zoom out button on the toolbar or select a smaller percentage. I think clicking should cycle through the magnifications.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic