Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > Visual C++ MFC > Report Control
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

How to drop on external control?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maxxan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How to drop on external control?
    Posted: 28 January 2010 at 10:30am
Hi!

What I want to do is to select some rows in the report view and drag them and drop on a tree control.

I've inhereted a tree control and started to implement OnDrop and get the data with the correct CLIPFORMAT.

The problem: I don't want the text of the rows, but rather the item data (DWORDs) of the records. When enabling drag/drop I add the xtpReportDontDropAsText flag.
But how do I access the selected rows in OnDrop in the tree control to read from the records (or something like that to get the item data in the record)? What is dropped when using the xtpReportDontDropAsText flag?

Any ideas?
hachem View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hachem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2014 at 3:23pm
I am in the same situation. I suppose I need to read the records from the COleDataObject object in the OnDrop() method in the tree. But I don't know how to do that. Have you figure it out?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic