Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > Command Bars
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Using the TabWorkspace with ATL/WTL

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JamesH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Using the TabWorkspace with ATL/WTL
    Posted: 01 December 2004 at 4:47pm
Does anyone have a sample that uses the TabWorkspace with ATL/WTL?

I have tried extending the CommandBars WTL example to use the tab workspace by adding this line:

CComPtr<XtremeCommandBars::ITabWorkspace> workSpace = m_spCommandBars->ShowTabWorkspace( TRUE );

But the tab workspace does not appear. And the child MDI windows behave as before, just regular MDI windows.  Any ideas?

Additionaly when I place the same line in my actual application (rather than the sample WTL one) the returned workSpace variable is NULL.  Again, any ideas why?

Thanks,
- James
Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 December 2004 at 3:12am
m_spCommandBars->ShowTabWorkspace(VARIANT_TRUE);
Oleg, Support Team
CODEJOCK SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS
JamesH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JamesH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 December 2004 at 1:37pm

Where's the smack head emoticon...

Thanks Oleg.

Perhaps before I investigate why the workspace returned in my app (works in the WTL sample) is NULL.  I should ask this:

Is it possible to create customer layouts for the tabs of the workspace?  For example rather than just the new horizontal/vertical group would it be possible to have one with 4 groups in a quad?  (ie. 2 tab groups on top and 2 underneith). 

If this is not possible we will have to look into creating some type of custom windowing, do you think it would possible perhaps using a tab control embeded in a docked pane?

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic