Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > Docking Pane
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Pane Location

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote helios456 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pane Location
    Posted: 11 April 2006 at 1:03pm
How do you determine the location of a pane in a window.  I'm looking to customize the way a pane is pinned.  When a control is pinned, I want it to pin inside a control that is already at that location.  I'm catching the action event of the docking manager, but I can't seem to find a way to find out which control is actually docked in that location.  Although the GetLayout() methods of docking manager gets the layout, it only allows you to get a count of the amount of Panes.  If there is no way to do this, this is a serious limitation.
Thank you in advance for your prompt reply.
blazej View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blazej Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2007 at 2:30pm
Hi,

Did you get an answer to this question? I need the exact same thing, with one addition: I would like to know where on the screen is located the tab for a pane that is tabbed AND invisible at the moment.

Best,
Michal Blazejczyk

LittleJK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LittleJK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2007 at 12:24pm
Here is a tutorial on to programmatically dock a pane and move it around by code.
http://www.codejock.com/support/articles/com/dockingpane/dp_2.asp

Also, you can attach docking panes either by attaching the docking pane control inside the control or encapsulating the control and docking pane in a picture box.

To attach a docking pane to a control use:

DockingPaneManager.AttachToWindow Control.hwnd

Or dropping the docking pane control on a picture box with the other control, where the control becomes the client.
blazej View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blazej Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2007 at 1:13pm
Hi,

These tips are useful if one wants to move panes around by code. But how should I go about discovering where is located the tab of a particular pane on the screen?

Best,
Michal Blazejczyk
LittleJK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LittleJK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2007 at 1:34pm
What version are you working with? If you have 10.4, then check out what these properties do: Pane::Position, Pane::ParentContainer and Pane::Type properties added

Plus in 10.4 they added new pane actions in which you can possibly catch where it's being docked, attached to, and pinned. Unpinning action sends when pane Entered to AutoHide mode and Pinning when exit from AutoHide mode

I'm taking it that your issue is that a user can move a pane around and hide it without knowing where it's at due to no tabs?
blazej View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blazej Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2007 at 1:42pm
Hi,

I'm using 9.81.

What I'm trying to do is to bring the user's attention to the fact that a particular pane is hidden by displaying a tooltip-like window near the tab. I'm loading the layout from XML at the startup and I would like to display the tooltip then.

Best,

Michal Blazejczyk
LittleJK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LittleJK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2007 at 1:53pm
Oh, 9.81 I haven't used that version since last april. Try using a popup control message off the pinning or pinned action of each docking pane 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic