Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > Docking Pane
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Client area becomes detached in pane???

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RedFin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Client area becomes detached in pane???
    Posted: 15 June 2008 at 12:51am
Hi,

I have a very strange problem....the first pic shows my form as it should be ...

The controls are on a Resizer control. If I double-click a blank area (ie. on the resizer), I get this ...

As you can see, the pane is still in place, but the controls inside have been moved around.

This behaviour is mostly repeatable, but there are times when it just won't happen, though I can't say what is different at those times.

Any help would be very gratefully appreciated.

Thanks,

Rohan
RedFin View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RedFin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2008 at 12:52am
By the way, I'm using v12.0.0   
Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2008 at 8:22am
Hi,

Think its much easy reposition these 2 controls in CommandBars_Resize event without any Resizeers :)
Oleg, Support Team
CODEJOCK SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS
younicke View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote younicke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2008 at 11:05am
i agree. if you dont know how to do it, attach some codes and we will help you to accomplish it.
RedFin View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RedFin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2008 at 6:42am
Hi,

Thanks for the suggestion. It may be something that I can look at in the future, but at the moment, deadlines don't allow me the time to investigate implementing a different way of handling the resizing.

However, that suggestion assumes the problem is with the resizer control. What I would like to know is whether this is a bug, and if so, will it be fixed in the next update and what workaround may be possible.

Alternatively, it could be the way I am handling and using the docking pane. Here is my code for the form in question -

--------------------------------------------------------

[Edit - Code removed now that problem resolved and was not code related]

--------------------------------------------------------

Thanks,

Rohan
Aaron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aaron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2008 at 9:53am
Hi,

Do you use the clientarea for the resizer control? if so try to put the resizer control in a picturebox and resize the picturebox in clientarea.
Product: Xtreme SuitePro (ActiveX) version 15.0.2
Platform: Windows XP (32bit) - SP 2
Language: Visual Basic 6.0

Zero replies is not an option....
RedFin View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RedFin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2008 at 8:03pm
Thanks Aaron. I am travelling at the moment and only have intermittent internet access. I will have a look at your suggestion as soon as possible and report back :)

Many thanks,

Rohan
RedFin View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RedFin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2008 at 1:30am
Hi Aaron,

The resizer control was being attached to the pane, but I followed your suggestion and put the resizer in a picture box and attached the picture box to the pane, and this has (so far ) fixed the problem.

Thankyou very much for you constructive suggestion.

Cheers,

Rohan
Aaron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aaron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2008 at 2:43pm
Originally posted by RedFin RedFin wrote:

Hi Aaron,

Thankyou very much for you constructive suggestion.

Rohan

Hi Rohan,

There's nothing constructive about that. When something isn't working as expected always use a picturebox , that's what my grandma used to say hehehe

Product: Xtreme SuitePro (ActiveX) version 15.0.2
Platform: Windows XP (32bit) - SP 2
Language: Visual Basic 6.0

Zero replies is not an option....
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic