Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > Docking Pane
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

docking pane appearance

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: docking pane appearance
    Posted: 22 February 2008 at 10:27am
Okay, now I'm playing around a bit with the paintmanager, panelpaintmanager, and tabpaintmanager properties for my docking pane. I'm working with an sdi forn in vb6. Making changes to many of the properties (e.g., appearance, color, hottracking) don't seem to have any effect on the appearance of my panels or tabs. I am settng these properties in my form_activate event. Are there certain combinations of settings that must be used together? Is there a particular order that the properties must be set? Do I need to do anything after setting the properties (I have tried recalclayouts, redrawapanes, etc.)?
SuperMario View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperMario Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2008 at 11:58am
Be sure you are making these changes AFTER setting the theme:

DockingPaneManager.VisualTheme = ThemeOffice2007

DockingPaneManager.PaintManager.CaptionFont.Underline = True
DockingPaneManager.PanelPaintManager.Appearance = xtpTabAppearanceExcel

etc...
johnp View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2008 at 12:14pm
That's great... seems to work better. BTW... while these seems pretty obvious is it anywhere in the documentation?
SuperMario View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperMario Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2008 at 12:20pm
It is, but it is kinda buried:

Each time a VisualTheme is applied, the color settings will be updated with the colors for the selected theme.  If the theme is changed, the the members of ColorSet must be updated to show the custom colors.  The Color and Appearance properties can be used to mix appearances and colors.
johnp View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2008 at 12:32pm
Thanks!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic