Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > Docking Pane
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Solved:How change Pin position of tabs?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sforces Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Solved:How change Pin position of tabs?
    Posted: 13 June 2009 at 9:27am
I'm using 13.0.0 and every time I unpin a dock pane, it is shown as a tab at the top. How can I set the default behavior to be pin to the bottom?
Aaron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aaron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2009 at 2:08pm
Hi,

Depends where the pane is docked. If you only allow panes to be docked at the bottom you will have only pinned panes at the bottom.

Product: Xtreme SuitePro (ActiveX) version 15.0.2
Platform: Windows XP (32bit) - SP 2
Language: Visual Basic 6.0

Zero replies is not an option....
sforces View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sforces Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2009 at 9:24pm
My current layout is as follows:

(Ribbon)
[Unmovable Frame]
[Left Frame] [Right Frame]
(Status Bar)

So what I'm trying to accomplish is when I click on the pin button on either the Left Frame or the Right Frame, I want the tabs to be displayed on the bottom right before the status bar which is where the dock control ends. But what happens now is that they go above the "Unmovable Frame" instead. So if I don't allow docking at the top then it's the only way to force the tabs to be displayed on the bottom? Is there no other way to set the default tab position when it's unpinned?

Aaron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aaron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2009 at 1:32am
Hi,

Unpinning pane will restore position as was before pinning.

Maybe I don't understand what you are trying to accomplish. Here is test project and you could create screenshot and upload them.

Product: Xtreme SuitePro (ActiveX) version 15.0.2
Platform: Windows XP (32bit) - SP 2
Language: Visual Basic 6.0

Zero replies is not an option....
sforces View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sforces Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2009 at 8:10pm
Aaron,

Thanks for the sample! Seeing it resolved my problem.
I had the top frame set to "DockTopOf" and even though it itself can not be moved/undocked/pinned, the dock pane that was set to "DockBottomOf" that was directly under it and to the left was going to the top.  Seeing your sample showed me that my approach was at least right and when I changed the top most pane to be "DockBottomOf" too, it all started to work as I was trying to achive.

I initially thought that there was another way to set the actual placement of the tabs, in addition to setting the "DockOf" behavior. Perhaps it's a feature request as how I visually lay out the dock panes shouldn't be the only way to control where the unpinned tabs get displayed.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic