Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > Docking Pane
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Docking pane is behind tab control?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Docking pane is behind tab control?
    Posted: 21 August 2006 at 4:31pm
I have a very simple VB.NET application with a standard form that has an Xtreme Tab control on it, Ive also added 1 docking pane. When the pane is created it shows up behind the tab control at all times, you can only see the parts not covered by the tab control. I remember in VC++ there was some style you had to add to get this to work( clip children) what is the work around in VB.NET?
SuperMario View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperMario Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2006 at 4:45pm
try making the z-order of the dockingpane behind all other controls
spike View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2006 at 4:49pm
Is this a standard thing that needs to be done? I dont see it in the samples, and it happens with almost any control that would be beneath the docking pane.
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperMario Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2006 at 4:54pm
See this article.

http://www.codejock.com/support/articles/com/dockingpane/dp_3.asp
spike View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2006 at 5:07pm
I dont have command bars in my application . Im trying to get the image hosted somewhere so you can see whats going on.
spike View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2006 at 7:31pm
Im also having the same type problem with MDI applications. I put a standard Docking control in the mdi client area, used the following code ONLY:

Private Sub mdiMain_Load(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles MyBase.Load

Dim ctrl As Control

For Each ctrl In Me.Controls

If TypeOf ctrl Is MdiClient Then

DockingPaneManager.SetMDIClient(ctrl.Handle.ToInt32())

End If

Next ctrl

Dim paneExplorer As Pane = DockingPaneManager.CreatePane(1, 200, 120, DockingDirection.DockLeftOf, Nothing)

paneExplorer.Title = "Explorer"

End Sub

Private Sub DockingPaneManager_AttachPaneEvent(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As AxXtremeDockingPane._DDockingPaneEvents_AttachPaneEvent) Handles DockingPaneManager.AttachPaneEvent

If pageExplorer Is Nothing Then

pageExplorer = New pageExplorer

End If

e.item.Handle = pageExplorer.Handle.ToInt32

End Sub

And the title bar of the docking frame is covered by the toolbar/menu of the MDI container. Its as though the docking pane manager doesnt know the actual client rect of the application.

Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperMario Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2006 at 9:50am
You code looks OK for MDI app.  Which version of VS do you use?

For SDI I recommend you use a panel control to contain all the client controls, then do something like this:

Private Sub DockingPaneManager_ResizeEvent(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles DockingPaneManager.ResizeEvent
            Dim left As Integer
            Dim top As Integer
            Dim right As Integer
            Dim bottom As Integer
            DockingPaneManager.GetClientRect(left, top, right, bottom)
            clientPanel.SetBounds(left, top, right - left, bottom - top)
        End Sub
spike View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2006 at 12:43pm
VS 2005
spike View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2006 at 1:07pm
I got Oleg to help me out, here is the fix:

Private Sub DockingPaneManager_GetClientBordersWidth(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As AxXtremeDockingPane._DDockingPaneEvents_GetClientBordersWidthEvent) Handles DockingPaneManager.GetClientBordersWidth

e.top += 25

e.bottom += 20

End Sub

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic