Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > Docking Pane
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Feature Request for TabPaintManager

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boyd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Feature Request for TabPaintManager
    Posted: 18 May 2004 at 10:39am

In recent versions of Microsoft Office, they have introduced the "Task Pane Toolbar".  This is basically a Dockable Pane that allows the user to switch between multiple tasks.  In Outlook 2003, for instance, you have the options of "Help", "Search Results", "Research", and "Clipboard".

To provide similar functionality in the current version of DockingPanes, you would create four different panes and attach each pane to a single frame.  In most themes supported by DockingPanes, this would produce a tab strip for each pane that allowed the user to switch between panes.

My feature request is to implement the pane-switching functionality present in the Office 2003 Task Pane Toolbar.  Instead of a tab strip, the header portion of the pane displays the currently selected pane as part of a drop-down list to switch to the other panes.  Additionally, two buttons "forward" and "back" are present to move between the panes.

The following screen print details the request:

svenn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote svenn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2004 at 11:44am

It looks to me as if the titlebar of Codejock's DockingPane is a Commandbar?

If so is the case, the real beuty would be to get access to the command bar and be able to override its features and create navigation of any kind, even place buttons in there as well.

Boyd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boyd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 February 2005 at 9:44am
Some feedback would have been nice, but I'm pleased to say that this feature is now implemented. 
gshawn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gshawn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 February 2005 at 9:51am

This is a nice new feature to have. Thanks CodeJock. Overall I am *very* happy with this update so far.

Boyd, Have you been able to figure out how to enable the forward and back arrows in the pane header?

Boyd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boyd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 February 2005 at 10:26am
Sorry, I haven't looked at this feature yet.  As best I can tell, the forward and back arrows are NOT implemented with this feature, so you'll need to add them to each pane yourself.
developer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote developer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2005 at 11:34am
Hi I have a couple of questions on this one. :)
1. Was this ever fully implemented?
2. Is there a sample on how to turn this on?
3. Was the Forward and Back Arrows ever added?
4. Does codejock have any "Clipboard Pane" that is already made? Thanks in advance.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic