Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > Suite Pro
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Can't get demo to work.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Krenshau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Can't get demo to work.
    Posted: 08 May 2007 at 11:58pm
I just downloaded 11.1.0, and I am using VS2005. I was going to look at the SDI Skinframework demo, and when I clicked VS2005 did the upgrade deal and didn't show any errors. However, it wouldn't work. It said there was no reference to AxXtremeCommandBars.AxCommandBars. Here is the error.

Could not find type 'AxXtremeCommandBars.AxCommandBars'. Please make sure that the assembly that contains this type is referenced. If this type is a part of your development project, make sure that the project has been successfully built.

I removed the references that it couldn't find, and then added them again. This cleared out the warning signs in solution explorer, but the error was still there when I tried to view the form. I then thought maybe there was a component that hadn't gotten added to the toolbox, so I added the skin framework and commandbars under COM, but no change.

Please, help me to find out what is going on.

Thank you.

Ben
Ben
QAS Information Systems
Krenshau View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Krenshau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2007 at 12:03am
Oh, here is the rest of the error.

at System.ComponentModel.Design.Serialization.CodeDomSerializerBase.Error(IDesignerSerializationManager manager, String exceptionText, String helpLink)
at System.ComponentModel.Design.Serialization.CodeDomSerializerBase.DeserializeExpression(IDesignerSerializationManager manager, String name, CodeExpression expression)
at System.ComponentModel.Design.Serialization.CodeDomSerializer.DeserializeStatementToInstance(IDesignerSerializationManager manager, CodeStatement statement)
at System.ComponentModel.Design.Serialization.CodeDomSerializer.Deserialize(IDesignerSerializationManager manager, Object codeObject)
at System.ComponentModel.Design.Serialization.TypeCodeDomSerializer.DeserializeName(IDesignerSerializationManager manager, String name, CodeStatementCollection statements)

BTW, are there any plans to offer managed components so that marshaling won't be involved?
Ben
QAS Information Systems
Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2007 at 1:46am
Hello,

May be you have both - old and new Suite versions installed? If you create new application and move commandbars from toolbox do you see same message?
Oleg, Support Team
CODEJOCK SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS
Krenshau View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Krenshau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2007 at 2:11am
Hello Oleg,

Before I installed this version I uninstalled the previous version that I had. However, I saw remnants in the PF folder so I uninstalled this new version, deleted the codejock folder, and reinstalled.
I then used the start menu to go to the SDI skinframework demo, and VS2005 did the update. I immediately tried to run the program and it had build errors. I clicked on frmMain to view it, and it had errors again.

Here are the errors from my most previous attempt.

One or more errors encountered while loading the designer. The errors are listed below. Some errors can be fixed by rebuilding your project, while others may require code changes.

Could not find type 'AxXtremeCommandBars.AxCommandBars'. Please make sure that the assembly that contains this type is referenced. If this type is a part of your development project, make sure that the project has been successfully built.

The variable 'CommandBars' is either undeclared or was never assigned.

Hide    Edit

at System.ComponentModel.Design.Serialization.CodeDomSerializerBase.Error(IDesignerSerializationManager manager, String exceptionText, String helpLink)
at System.ComponentModel.Design.Serialization.CodeDomSerializerBase.DeserializeExpression(IDesignerSerializationManager manager, String name, CodeExpression expression)

When I look at the solution explorer, at the references, it shows AxXtremeCommandBars, AxXtremeSkinFramework, stdole, XtremeCommandBars, XtremeSkinFramework all have the little yellow triangle with the exclamation point on them, and no skin framework or command bar items in the toolbox. Since it didn't help last time, I won't try to add them again, for now. I will wait to see if you come up with anything.

Thank you for your help.
Ben
QAS Information Systems
Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2007 at 4:17am
Hi,

Please try create new application, add CommandBars to toolbox, move from toolbox to application form.
Oleg, Support Team
Krenshau View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Krenshau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2007 at 5:39pm
Ok, I was able to get that to happen. I guess I wanted to try to get the demo to work because I am having a hard time seeing how to do it in VB 2005, and I thought if I could step thru the demo I could get a better idea of how to implement it in my own solution.

I keep getting fatal errors when I try to use the skin framework in my own program. I am pretty confident the problem is not codejock, but my own ignorance of how to get it to work in VB 2005.

Is there somewhere I could get a VB 2005 sample just on getting the SF to go?

Thank you for your help, Oleg.
Ben
QAS Information Systems
Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2007 at 1:36am
Hello,
Sorry, we created only C# samples now, will add VB.NET samples fro 11.2 release.
Oleg, Support Team
Krenshau View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Krenshau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2007 at 2:12am
That would be very helpful. That should be out in June, is that correct?
Ben
QAS Information Systems
SuperMario View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperMario Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2007 at 9:08am
I don't think so as 11.1 was released less than a month ago.
Krenshau View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Krenshau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2007 at 11:24am
Oh, I was counting by quarters. I didn't realize it was just released. Well, hopefully I can figure out how to use it then.
Ben
QAS Information Systems
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic