Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > Docking Pane
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

SOLVED: Crash W2K with transparent pane

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chrisABC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: SOLVED: Crash W2K with transparent pane
    Posted: 01 June 2009 at 3:13am
Has anyone noticed a problem with a floating pane  where the opacity is reduced, under Windows 2K only?

I have some small floating Panes, only use one at a time.   Options.FloatingFrameOpacity  = 150

This works OK on my PCs and for most of my users.  But one user reports that each time they close one of these "transparent" Panes, their PC crashes and reboots -- this PC is running Windows 2K SP2.  Everything else about my app seems to work OK on this PC, it is just the floating Pane with Opacity set  = 150.  The transparent Pane displays OK, but when the user closes it, PC crashes.

Any suggestions as to what I can try?  (eg. set Opacity = 255 before destroying Pane?)

Is anybody using Win 2K with Panes transparent with no problem?

SOLUTION: The transparent Panes feature must NOT be used with Win2000.  I have now used the Win API function GetVersionEx to check for version of Windows, and if less than 5.1 (WinXP) do not use transparency. 
Chris (Manchester, UK) -- www.abc6.co.uk ---- Using CodeJock ActiveX Suite 13.1.0 with Windows8, VB6 SP6
Aaron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aaron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2009 at 5:55am
Hi Chris,

I looked up property in Help and it says:

Remarks

Opacity ranges from 0 to 255, with 0 being 0 and 255 being 100.  The opacity setting is only applied to floating panes when the pane is not active.

FloatingFramesOpacity only works with Windows 2000 with SP3 or greater and Windows XP and greater.

I don't know for sure but maybe this is problem...

Product: Xtreme SuitePro (ActiveX) version 15.0.2
Platform: Windows XP (32bit) - SP 2
Language: Visual Basic 6.0

Zero replies is not an option....
chrisABC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chrisABC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2009 at 3:28am
Thanks. I think this is the reason for PC crashing and rebooting.

I have put a test in my software so if OS version is less than WinXP do not use the transparent feature of floating Pane. Hope this solves problem.

(It would be good idea if CodeJock could put this test into anywhere that transparency could give problems like this    )
Chris (Manchester, UK) -- www.abc6.co.uk ---- Using CodeJock ActiveX Suite 13.1.0 with Windows8, VB6 SP6
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic