Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > Suite Pro
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

ReportControl: Disabled CheckBox Checked

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boyd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ReportControl: Disabled CheckBox Checked
    Posted: 17 December 2004 at 8:47am

There are at least three bugs in ReportControl:

1) If a ReportControl has 'AllowEdit' set to false OR a Column has 'Editable' set to false and you display a CheckBox in a column, you can change the state of the checkbox.  The ONLY way to make a checkbox read-only is to set the ReportRecordItem.Editable = False for the record item that contains the checkbox.  This one I went ahead in logged as a Support Issue.

2) Since I have to use workaround #1 to prevent a checkbox from being editable, I found another bug.  A disabled checkbox always appears "checked" no matter what the 'Checked' property is set to.  This basically removed #1 as a workaround since I need to show data in both states.

3) As a final workaround, I was going to use the 'ValueChanged' event to detect when the user might have changed the value and then just set it back.  It turns out that 'ValueChanged' isn't firing when the checkbox state is changed.

In the end, I can't use a read-only checkbox anywhere in ReportControl.  This functionality worked prior to the initial release of ReportControl that was not editable.

SuperMario or Oleg, if you reply to say that this is fixed in the next release, I BEG OF YOU to please indicate when this release will be available.  I've lost count of the number of bug fixes I'm waiting for in ReportControl, and I'm holding up the release of my products until they're resolved.

Edited by Boyd
SuperMario View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperMario Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 December 2004 at 9:01am
1,2. I believe they are fixed in the next release  I set Editable = False for specific items with check boxes, both with check and without and they remaind "disabled" and would not change their value on clicks.
3. If item has checkbox, then the wndReportControl_ItemCheck event is fired.

Edited by SuperMario
Boyd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boyd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 December 2004 at 9:20am

I've decided to just display 'True' or 'False' until this is fixed.

I noticed that you have once again dodged the question about the next release .  Who do I contact about getting a beta release of the software?  There are too many bugs in 9.51, and I can't wait forever.  Since there's no indication of when the next full release will be available, I need to have something to move forward with and provide solutions to my clients.  Even if it's beta, it has to be better than 9.51 if I stay away from any new functionality.

SuperMario View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperMario Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2005 at 10:36am
This is fixed with v9.60.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic