Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > Visual C++ MFC > Toolkit Pro
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

CTreeCtrl with DockPaneDlg

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote devam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: CTreeCtrl with DockPaneDlg
    Posted: 20 March 2008 at 5:34am
I have a docking pane to which I am attaching a dialog. The dialog is derived from CXTResizeDialog. I am creating a CTreeCtrl statically through the resource view within the dialog. OnInit dialog initializes the tree control.
But the problem is that whenever i call a setcheck() API to check the items in the tree, the checkmark is not visible on the GUI. calling getcheck() on the same tree item returns 1, which indicates that it is checked, but the checkmark is not visible on the GUI.
Can anyone help me in this regard? Is there any GUI related issues with a dockingpane dialog and a tree control?
DC
Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2008 at 8:23am

Hi,

There is one bug in standard TreeCtrl. All Check Marks will be reset after first drawing of Tree Control.

Oleg, Support Team
CODEJOCK SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS
devam View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote devam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2008 at 9:22am
The CtreeCtrl behaves perfectly when it is created at runtime (dynamically)on a CXTPTaskPanel, but when i put it on a dockpane dialog, the checkmarks are not visible when the window comes up for the first time.
If I close the dock pane (from the GUI) and then display the dockpane dialog again, then the tree comes up with the checkmarks visible!
I am using Xtreme ToolkitPor version 9.8
Is there any work-around applicable for this? Or is it that it just cannot be done?
DC
Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2008 at 11:58am

I just wrote reason...

Workaround is don't set TVS_CHECKBOXES in OnCreate but call

m_wndTree.ModifyStyle(0, TVS_CHECKBOXES ); before you set Check Marks.

Oleg, Support Team
CODEJOCK SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS
devam View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote devam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2008 at 2:00pm
Thank you for all the help. It worked!!!
DC
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic