Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > Calendar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Problem with ShowEditEvent

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pauljaj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Problem with ShowEditEvent
    Posted: 06 March 2008 at 1:44am

I'm successfully using the calendar as per all the base functionality e.g. add/edit/delete etc from a calendar.

I thought I'd then make a list view of certain events direct from the database which showed the Subject, Location, Start, End and RecurrenceState, storing the eventid in the list, kind of like the categories view in Outlook.

I then called the following code using the EventID from the database via the dataprovider using the following code to edit events:

Set objEvent = calMain.DataProvider.GetEvent(EventID)

Dim dlgCalendar As New CalendarDialogs

dlgCalendar.ParentHWND = ParentForm.hWnd
dlgCalendar.Calendar = calMain

dlgCalendar.ShowEditEvent objEvent

It almost works except when the event is a Master event for a recurrance pattern and then the form displays with the start date and end date visible even though the event has a recurrence pattern. If you click on the recurrance button, the correct recurrance pattern displays and whwn you click ok, the Start and End fields disappear on the Edit Event dialog. Kind of sounds like a bug??

Any suggestions would be appreciated. I'm sure I could use custom dialogs but happy just to use the built-in if I can...

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic