Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > Visual C++ MFC > Toolkit Pro
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

CXTDateTimeCtrl

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adrien Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: CXTDateTimeCtrl
    Posted: 25 February 2008 at 7:58pm
Hi all

I'm struggling with what should be the simple task of using CXTDateTimeCtrl to edit a duration (delay) value.  I want to be able to edit delays from 0s to 1day in HH:MM:SS format, but the format specifiers for the control don't even have SS option, and it seems to use GMT -> local time conversion so I'm getting garbage.

Is there an easier way?
Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 February 2008 at 12:40am
hi,

use SetFormat method. See DTM_SETFORMAT in MSDN
Oleg, Support Team
CODEJOCK SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS
adrien View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adrien Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 February 2008 at 1:28am
yep, I read that.

Problem is CTime offsets everything to a GMT time, so my numbers are starting with my timezone, i.e. I enter 60 (being seconds), and I get back 01:01:00 in the control.  I set the range from CTime(0) to CTime(24*60*60), but the actual range goes from 1am to 11am only.

What would be great would be a dedicated CDurationCtrl.

I looked at Mask edit as well, but it's not suited to time values, since all numerics are 0-9, which is no good for minutes, seconds etc.

Maybe should extend the mask edit format specifier to allow sub-ranges, i.e. instead of mask of 00:00:00, you could have

02d[0-24]:02d[0-59]:02d[0-59]

or some regex expression for validation.  Otherwise I guess it's time to handle control feedback messages and do my own input validation.
rsvihalek View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rsvihalek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2009 at 9:36am
Hello everybody,
I need to edit duration (= delay) too, is there any simple way to do that with the XTremeToolkit Pro?

Thank you for the reply
rsvihalek View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rsvihalek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2009 at 12:22pm
So I've found solution, the time has to be set using SYSTEMTIME structure - it is working properly for delay values without any conversion
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic