Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > Visual C++ MFC > Docking Pane
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

MDI Panes, Where are the samples?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: MDI Panes, Where are the samples?
    Posted: 10 July 2003 at 1:36pm

I noticed that the Docking pane library has the ability to create docking panes inside an MDI Child window. I have this working by using the following code:

int CCustomJobFrame::OnCreate(LPCREATESTRUCT lpCreateStruct)
{
 if (COutlookBarFrame::OnCreate(lpCreateStruct) == -1)
  return -1;

XTPDockingPaneManager()->InstallDockingPanes(this);
 XTPDockingPaneManager()->SetTheme(xtpPaneThemeOffice);

CXTPDockingPane* pwndPane1 = XTPDockingPaneManager()->CreatePane(IDR_CUSTOMJOBDATA, CRect(0, 0,200, 120), dockTopOf);
 CXTPDockingPane* pwndPane2 = XTPDockingPaneManager()->CreatePane(IDR_CUSTOMJOBITEMDATA, CRect(0, 0,200, 120), dockLeftOf );

m_ctlJobData.CreateGrid( WS_CHILD | WS_VISIBLE, CRect( 0, 0, 0, 0 ), this, 134346 );
 m_ctlJobItemData.CreateGrid( WS_CHILD | WS_VISIBLE, CRect( 0, 0, 0, 0 ), this, 134347 );

return 0;
}

The code that is bolded seems to be required to allow docking panes in the MDI Child Window (CCustomJobFrame).  What I dont understand is what happens when I want to install docking panes on MDI Child windows from within a different class. I have 3 or 4 MDI Child Windows (Different classes) and InstallDockingPanes() only allows for 1 FrameWindow to allow docking panes in them.

Anyway, I was wondering also where the sample code is for the MDIPane example in the evaluation downloads. Or are there more docking pane samples somewhere else?

Thanks

Edited by spike
Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 July 2003 at 11:52pm

There are some changes in architecture of docking pane 7.10.

Now Docking Pane is not "singletone" you can use own manager for each CFrameWnd.

Upgrade your source.

spike View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 July 2003 at 8:17am
What is the best way to get the latest version of the source code? Do I have to call or can I download it through my login?

Edited by spike
kstowell View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kstowell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2003 at 8:27am

Hello...

You can log into the online store and select order status.  At the bottom of your invoice, you will see your download link where you can download the latest version of the library.

Best regards,
Codejock Support

blindemann View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blindemann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2003 at 9:04am

As a Codejock customer you can always get the latest version by going to the Customer Area and logging in. You are allowed 3 downloads. Each time a new version is released your download count is reset back up to 3 so you will always have access to the latest version. You are allowed to download the latest version for one year after purchasing the product. This period can be extended if you purchase a maintenance agreement.

Bob

Bob at Codejock
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic