FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

pin behaviour

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: pin behaviour
    Posted: 11 July 2003 at 8:15am

Clear, Douglas. With Docking Pane 7.10  it will be impossible to do :(

But I hope next version (planned in august) will contained such samples.

douglashogan View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote douglashogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 July 2003 at 4:42am

Hello Oleg,

Attached is 3 screenshots of what I mean. My application is an SDI Outlook-like application where there is a a splitter in the main frame. The right hand pane is a cview based object. This view class swaps in and out child dialog boxes / or controls, based on the selection in the tree control. On some of these options, I need the user to be able to use a resource which can be accessed by click on a button at the bottom of the view. The appearance of these resources is dependent on what is being edited. Therefore the resource manager window should only appear within the view area.

screenshot 1 shows a registry browser at the bottom where keys can be dragged to the view on the top part. screenshot 2 shows the browser resource collapsed by pressing the close button.

screenshot 3 shows a difference screen in the dialog editing area where there are 3 resource options at the bottom.

The point is that these resource windows are context sensitive to what is being edited in the view. If I use on of you pinnable windows, then when an item is unpinned it will take the full width of the application and obscure the navigation pane of the main splitter window.

I suppose I could create  a CFrameWnd child of the view taking up the full client area to which I could attach various pinnable windows when required.

Also, I would like to not allow the user to drag or detach the pinnable windows, only to iconize and expand. Is this possible.

My_Pictures.zip

Regards
Douglas Hogan
Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2003 at 11:38pm

Sorry, Douglas, I don't understand. If it is an SDI appliacation, what is difference between bottom of the SDI Frame and bottom of CView?

There is no interaction with the toolbars. If pane unpinned at the bottom all bottom toolbars will be under it.

In any case the "site" of the Docking Pane manager must be CFrameWnd derived class. 

Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote douglashogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2003 at 5:21pm

Cool,

But this also attaches the pane windows to a MDI Frame Window instead of a SDI Frame window. Can you tell me definitively that I can attach a docking pinnable window to the CView portion of an SDI application. I don't want any interaction with the toolbars attached to the SDI frame window. It would be nice to have some sample evaluation code to test against as with the Extreme Toolkit which I bought some months ago.

Regards
Douglas Hogan
Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2003 at 12:33pm

Docking Panes 7.10 already supported it. Download Samples and run MDIPanes.exe

Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote douglashogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 July 2003 at 4:52am

Hi,

I am wondering whether to buy the docking windows library. I have one requirement.

I need to be able to attach a pinnable docking bar to a cview object or some other child window of the main frame window. From all the demos I have seen, it appears that the bars are attached to the main window. When the bar (which is a child of the view, in an SDI) becomes unpinned, I  need the icon to reside in the view area and not at the bottom of the main window. And when the bar becomes visible again I need it to only take up space in the view and not the entire width of the frame. The bar should be context sensitive to the view and not global. Does the toolit support this behaviour?

I sort of have my own implementation with some minor redraw issues. I will junk my code and use yours if I can do this. Do you have a demo which illustrates what I mean?

Thanks

Regards
Douglas Hogan
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic