Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > Visual C++ MFC > Docking Pane
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Docked Tab order

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
znakeeye View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote znakeeye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Docked Tab order
    Posted: 25 February 2008 at 8:58am
I believe you could handle this in OnDockingPaneNotify and call "Attach" in a specific way, to get the preferred layout - whenever a pane is about to be docked.
dbrulhart View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dbrulhart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 February 2008 at 4:05am
Hi Screamitus,

Thanks for your reply.

In the mean time we've modified the toolkit so that tabs are docked back in their original order.

We always try to modify the toolkit as little as possible to avoid merging our changes at each new version... but was the only way this time.

Thanks anyway for the suggestion.

Best regards,

Dominique
screamitus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote screamitus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2008 at 6:07pm
If it will help, in VB I invoke this little function every time the user pushes a 'Close' button (I have the tabs stay open until they close them or if pinned there is only a manual 'Close' button). I'm sure this would work if called from the "Hidden" event as well but havent tried that. You start with your left most tab then work your way to the right. I know this is an old post but didn't see a resolution and sounded like a biggy.

Public Sub ArrangePanes()
    Dim pn As XtremeDockingPane.Pane

Set pn = frmMain.DockingPaneManager.FindPane(151)   '//Admin
    frmMain.DockingPaneManager.DockPane pn, frmMain.ScaleWidth,    frmAdmin.ScaleHeight, DockTopOf, Nothing
    pn.Hide

Set pn = frmMain.DockingPaneManager.FindPane(152)   '//Comments
    frmMain.DockingPaneManager.DockPane pn, frmMain.ScaleWidth, frmComments.ScaleHeight, DockTopOf, Nothing
    pn.Hide

Set pn = frmMain.DockingPaneManager.FindPane(153)   '//CC's
    frmMain.DockingPaneManager.DockPane pn, frmMain.ScaleWidth, frmCC.ScaleHeight, DockTopOf, Nothing
    pn.Hide

Set pn = frmMain.DockingPaneManager.FindPane(154)   '//Jobs
    frmMain.DockingPaneManager.DockPane pn, frmMain.ScaleWidth, frmMain.ScaleHeight - 50, DockTopOf, Nothing
    pn.Hide

End Sub
Fred Scream
dbrulhart View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dbrulhart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 December 2007 at 5:18pm
Hi Oleg,

Unfortunately yes... I agree that for us programmers we don't very often dock/undock panes, but in our application, many of the panes act as property pages and are very often shown/hidden/docked.

It seems killing our users...

Any idea welcome

Cheers,

Dominique
Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 December 2007 at 3:50pm
Hi,

vc2008 works same...b is it really so important?
Oleg, Support Team
CODEJOCK SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS
dbrulhart View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dbrulhart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 December 2007 at 1:09pm
Hi Oleg,

After a deep beta period we have recurrent complains from mostly all our beta testers, for which the following issue is almost a showstopper:

When docking back a floating pane the tab is always reinserted at the end of the tabs list and not where it was in the list before being set to float.

I've traced in the code and seen the responsible AddTail()... against which there's nothing I can really do.

Is there any way you could solve this for us, a hidden option or a fix ?

According to our testers it's too irritating for them to work that way and I'm afraid we cannot release our product before fixing this.

Thanks  lot in advance

Cheers,

Dominique
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic