Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > Report Control
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - I've tried but I still don't know how to do this
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

I've tried but I still don't know how to do this

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bernie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I've tried but I still don't know how to do this
    Posted: 07 November 2007 at 6:21am
Here it goes.
It is a simple "table."

Help me!
gaudetm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gaudetm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2007 at 6:37am
mo cell merge options yet! Hope there will be one day!

Marc
sserge View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sserge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2007 at 5:04pm
Well, I can't see a reason to create such a configuration with the Report control. Note that it actually has a concept of a "record" which is going to be shown somehow for a user. Where are records on this picture? As far as I can see, there are only "cells", what is actually closer to the Grid concept.

--
WBR,
Serge
Bernie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bernie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2007 at 10:31pm
How about this "Report"?
Is it meaningful?

KAshley View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KAshley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2007 at 9:31am
Hello Bernie,

THe report itself is meaningful. However, you are mixing data concepts and display concepts.

As far as I can tell, the report control is oriented more towards something that looks and feels like a database table or a multi-column list view.
The point of this being that each 'row' represents data associated with a single 'object'. This is a data centric format that encapsulates and groups data regarding a single entity.

What you are doing seems more appropriate to a control that has either some sort of table-construction capabilities or looks and feels like microsoft excel (or some other spreadsheet).

Bernie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bernie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2007 at 10:05pm

I like ReportControl very much, and want to use it as possible as it can.

There are various uses of ReportControl. Some of my programs are aim to demostrate or illustrate data and turn the data into information which may help decision-makers. The example shown in the last essay I wrote was one of them.

If the database can not be shown in any "meaningful" way, why do we need the database? In my point of view, programmers are professonals who can turn the data into information. Database stores data, and ReportControl shows information.

If "Cells Merge" can be put into realized, the ReportControl will be more valuable and are likely to "replace" Grid controls and Exel-like SpreadSheets.

It's a great idea, isn't it?
Krog View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Krog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 January 2010 at 10:52pm
I need to show 2 lines o columns, some of them having merging vertically. I would like to use the ReportControl but I will have to use another control I think.

See this topic:

http://forum.codejock.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=15751
Product: Xtreme SuitePro (ActiveX) version 15.2.1
Platform: Windows XP SP2
Language: Visual Basic 6 SP6
mdoubson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdoubson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2010 at 4:42pm
As Report draw itself by rows it is not difficult to Merge Cells in horizontal direction and give first of merged cell all following merged cells space but vertical case looks useless - if you want to use it as kind of block title - you can spit title text and put parts on different vertical levels. May be for such case we can eliminate to draw border between vertical cells - it still be fit in row-based draw aglorithm and finally you will have your desired layout
mdoubson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdoubson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2010 at 10:12pm
there is some VB6 test sample project in rar and snapshot of result
Krog View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Krog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2010 at 10:58am
Hi.

I think I misinterpreted myself. Sorry!

The need is only for the column headers, like this:

To avoid to have to write the "stock" word at each column, and make clear that the 3 columns are related to the "stock". Using this we can also use a smaller width for the columns.

Note that there is so horizontal merge (on Stock) as vertical merge (on Product and Operation).

Thanks anyway for your effort.
mdoubson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdoubson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2010 at 1:59pm
You can have such effect with proper header setup like column.HeaderAlignment = xtpAlignmentWordBreak
Krog View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Krog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2010 at 10:12am
But in this case I need a way to increase the column headers height. I didn't find a way to do it... It appears to be a default...

Other thing: I could hide the column header and use header rows instead, fixed. I will try it. But the column resizing may not work in this way.
mdoubson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdoubson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2010 at 10:17am
Just use column2.Caption = "Stock: Before"  column3.Caption = "Stock: Diff" column4.Caption = "Stock: After" and find proper witdh
Krog View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Krog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2010 at 5:23pm
Did you test it?

The second line does not appear entirely because the header height is not sufficient for 2 lines of text:

We can change the column header height?
mdoubson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdoubson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2010 at 5:28pm
You need to set .PaintManager.FixedRowHeight = False
Krog View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Krog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2010 at 1:20pm
WOW! It worked!

Thank you very much!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic