Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > Suite Pro
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

VB6 - SP6 IDE Crashes - NEW DOCUMENTATION

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vbuser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: VB6 - SP6 IDE Crashes - NEW DOCUMENTATION
    Posted: 04 June 2004 at 1:04am

Using your components on my Windows XP running VB6 SP6 crashes the IDE sometimes. The problem usually happens when in debugging mode, doing steps into lines of code and whenever the running code inside the IDE is STOPPED using the VB6 IDE stop button, the VB6 IDE just vanishes...

SUGGESTION: I've been trying to decipher your documentation for the suite for almost 1 year. An IDEA that will make your products more appealing would be HELP that actually give you an EXAMPLE of how to implement the property, method or event… See the VB6 IDE Help system… You always can see an example of how to implement whatever your looking at…

castleJoe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote castleJoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2005 at 6:29am

I've been having the same crash of IDE and my app too, but I didn't manage to find the problem because it seemed to happen randomly. But now I think I found it (at least in my case).

If you start the attached app and close it without doing anything -> crash. If you click on the "No crash" button and close the app after that -> the app closes correctly.

I hope this helps fixing the problem...2005-01-17_062801_CodejockCrash.zip

Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2005 at 2:48pm

MDIChild property for Child Docking Panes forms must be False.

Also add code to unload panes forms:

Private Sub MDIForm_Unload(Cancel As Integer)
    MsgBox "Unloaded correctly."

Dim i As Long
   'close all sub forms
    For i = Forms.Count - 1 To 1 Step -1
        Unload Forms(i)
    Next

End Sub

Oleg, Support Team
CODEJOCK SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS
castleJoe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote castleJoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2005 at 6:56am
Thanks Oleg, the MDIChild = False almost works :) I have a popup menu (standard MS) on the form (define a menu on Form1 in the prev. project) and that gives borders to the form although I set it borderless. In this case CJ can't attach/handle the form correctly unless I set MDIChild = True. Without a menu things work fine with the MDIChild = False...
Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2005 at 9:43am

You can use our themed popup menus....

May be you can again attach projcet with MDIChild = False and menu. I can't it reproduce.

Oleg, Support Team
CODEJOCK SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS
castleJoe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote castleJoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2005 at 10:05am

I didn't use your popup menu before and for a simple popup ms worked fine...

But here it comes 2005-01-18_100444_CodejockCrash2.zip

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic