Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > Visual C++ MFC > Docking Pane
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Wish to persist Pinnable Floating Frames

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote akur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wish to persist Pinnable Floating Frames
    Posted: 31 August 2007 at 8:05am
Hello,

I'd like to have the pinned/unpinned state of Pinnable Floating Frames to be automatically persisted when the panes' layout is loaded/saved. Is there any chance that this will be possible with any future versions of XTP?

Thank you!

akur View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote akur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2007 at 4:25am
I think persisting the pinned/unpinned state would be logical, since it's very similar to the autohidden state of the panes - which really is persisted currently.
akur View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote akur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2007 at 4:29am
Another problem caused by the lack of this persistence: showing a floating pane with unpinned state is not possible. What I can do is to show the pane first, then call Collapse() immediately to achieve the unpinned state. However, all this is visible to the user - I just cannot call Collapse() on a miniframe window which does not exist.
Any possible workarounds for this?
Thanks for any suggestions, in advance!
Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2007 at 7:01am
Hi,
I tried our Pane sample and it save/restore floating frames state as designed. Please try it.
Oleg, Support Team
CODEJOCK SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS
akur View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote akur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2007 at 7:16am
Yes, with layouts it's true indeed, sorry.

The problem is I cannot show a floating pane in autohidden state. For a closed pane, all I can do is to call ShowPane() and then call Collapse() for its miniframe. But this results in a collapsing animation, distracting the user. Can it be shown autohidden immediately, please? Thanks, in advance!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic