Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > Visual C++ MFC > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

MultiLanguage - General

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kenneth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: MultiLanguage - General
    Posted: 05 June 2007 at 5:16pm
In the latest toolkit (1113), the Workspace/Resource/ResourcePackage.rc file has the following:

#include "..\ResourcePackage.h"

which tries to include the ResourcePackage.h file in the preceding directory instead of the current directory.  There is no ResourcePackage.h in the preceding directory.

I assume this is an error, and should be:

#include ".\ResourcePackage.h"

However the ResourcePackage.h in the current directory has the following:

#define _XTP_NO_BINARY_RESOURCES

which is confusing to me.  If I was to use this example to create language specific resource dlls which contained all the required toolkit resources as well as all the user application specific resources, then that define would exclude some of the toolkit resources.

If however, I remove that define, then everything works as it should.  This was only tested with the english specific example files. 

I also note that the example resource.rc files in each of the language specific directories are not complete in that the TEXTINCLUDE sections are not correct and not complete.

Also, every language specific resource.rc is required to have:

#define RESOURCE_LANGUAGE xx

where xx is the language id such as de for German.  However there is not one for English.  For the English resource.rc, the define must not be present.  This is extremely confusing and may be some of the problems associated with the _XTP_NO_BINARY_RESOURCES define.   Including this define (in at least the english version) will cause problems clearly seen if you run the user application in debug mode.

Also, all the language resource.rc files (except for the english version) are missing the XTP_IDC_LANG_BULGARIAN and XTP_IDC_LANG_TURKISH defines.

Has anyone really tested this stuff?

Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2007 at 1:06am
Hi,

Its not error and should be "..\ResourcePackage.h" because its included not from current directory but from language directories.

_XTP_NO_BINARY_RESOURCES added to remove all common resources like bitmaps, cursors, icons from dll files. You can comment it, if you need to include all common resources to each dll.
Oleg, Support Team
CODEJOCK SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS
Kenneth View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kenneth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2007 at 9:05am
Oleg

If you would take a second to research these problems, you will find that there is only one ResourcePackage.h in the toolkitpro 1113 package and that is in the Workspace/Resource directory. 

So are you saying one should be in each language directory but is not!

Also, if I set the resouce handle to a dll, where would one put the common resources like bitmaps, cursors, icons, etc.  If  they are not in the resource dll, then they are not present at all.

Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2007 at 1:18am
Hi,

Where I wrote that this file should be in each directory? ResourcePackage.h is special single file that used from all resources. I wrote that its _included_  from language directories.
Oleg, Support Team
Kenneth View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kenneth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2007 at 3:30pm
Sorry I asked.
Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2007 at 1:15am
No problem :)
Oleg, Support Team
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic