Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > Docking Pane
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Right to Left DockingPane operation

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote markh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Right to Left DockingPane operation
    Posted: 11 April 2007 at 8:33am

I am having trouble making the DockingPane control work Right to Left. I have set my frame to RTL. However, DockingPane only partially seems to pick up on this. The actual location of the panes seems to get swapped. For example, a right-hand pane is now displayed on the left-hand side.

However, the title bar of the pane and the close/pin icons are still LTR. Also when trying to resize a pinned pane, it seems to work as if you were sizing it from the opposite side.

The other controls all seem to have a RightToLeft property. However, DockingPane doesn't appear to. Is there any way to get the correct behaviour?

Thanks...
Mark

Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2007 at 8:53am
Hello,

Do you set RightToLeft property before you create panes?
Oleg, Support Team
CODEJOCK SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS
markh View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote markh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2007 at 10:29am

Hello Oleg

I can't see a RightToLeft property for the DockingPane control.

If you mean setting the frame to RTL, this is done prior to the panes being created by assigning WS_EX_LAYOUTRTL | WS_EX_NOINHERITLAYOUT to the extended style of the frame window.

Any ideas??
Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2007 at 10:58am
Hi,

Try without WS_EX_NOINHERITLAYOUT.
Oleg, Support Team
CODEJOCK SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS
markh View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote markh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2007 at 11:38am

I can't really use it without WS_EX_NOINHERITLAYOUT since this messes up all sorts of other things in my application's child windows which then all take on this style, such as reversing the coordinate system etc. In fact I can't actually try it at the moment since it causes a crash (probably due to the coordinate system flipping).

Is there any reason for DockingPane not to have a RightToLeft property like most of the other controls (e.g. CommandBars etc.) ?

markh View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote markh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2007 at 11:47am

Actually I have now got this working by setting the WS_EX_NOINHERITLAYOUT style at the MDI client window level rather than the frame window level.

I still think it would be nicer if there was an independent RightToLeft property for the DockingPane control.

Thanks
Mark

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic