FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Emulate VB6 IDE Multiline Text?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Zach View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Emulate VB6 IDE Multiline Text?
    Posted: 15 May 2007 at 5:11am
Look up "AddInplaceButton"

That will allow you to do anything customizations like that.  What you specifically ask for is pretty easy to do rough... and really not that hard to do nice and clean (borderless... resizeable textbox..etc)
jpbro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpbro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2007 at 9:17pm
Is there anyway to emulate the functionality of a multi-line property the way that the VB6 IDE handles it?

i.e. The item shows only a single line with a value of "(Text)" and an edit ("...") button. When the "..." button is clicked, a multi-line drop-down edit Window appears to allow editing.

Since I haven't been able to get that behaviour, I have tried setting the ReadOnly property for the item to TRUE, and then using the DblClick event to display my own multi-line editor (this would be a decent second option for me).
Unfortunately, the DblClick event only seems to fire when the Caption of the property is clicked. Is there any way to know if the user has double-clicked the value area of a property? I prefer this to using the RequestEdit event because it fires after one click, and a user might have just accidentally clicked an item (and if I am going to be showing a form, I would only like to show it after a definitive double-click).

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic