Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > Calendar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Preload Into Cache?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hildegoat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Preload Into Cache?
    Posted: 07 February 2007 at 11:26am
I have the calendar control running nicely, but I'm still running into some slowness issues.

I'm using a custom data provider (SQL Server) and using the providerSQLServer and SQLDataHelper files. I have multiple users (we use it for clinic appointments) so I need to refresh the data every couple of minutes. I do the CalendarControl.DataProvider.ClearCache() and CalendarControl.Populate() on a timer to refresh the calendar.

The slowness occurs when the user is going back and forth through dates after a refresh. I know this occurs because it has to load the data into the cache and display it, causing a delay. If the user is looking at cached data, the calendar is speedy.

Is there any possible way that I can preload data into the cache so that I can call it after a refresh? That way the user is always using cached data and only taking the slowness hit once (on the refresh, not on every flip forward and backward).
sserge View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sserge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 February 2007 at 2:33pm
Hi,

To preload events for a specific day, simply call 
CalendarControl.DataProvider .RetrieveDayEvents for this day.

Also you can make this caching regular using timer for example. Example is our Date Picker where dates marked with bold in the background using timer and RetrieveDayEvent method.

--
WBR,
Serge
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic