Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > Skin Framework
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

SkinFramework and Menus

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lexicon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: SkinFramework and Menus
    Posted: 29 January 2007 at 11:53am
Hello

We are playing with the demo of your wonderful controls and we have a question.

We put a skin control in a form and everything its OK but if the form have menu the menu disappears.

What are we doing wrong?

Thanks again and congratulations
Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2007 at 12:29pm
Hi,
Yes, skinframework doesn't support menus :(  use our Xtreme CommandBars.
Oleg, Support Team
CODEJOCK SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS
losteagle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote losteagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2007 at 8:37am
Originally posted by oleg oleg wrote:

Hi,

Do you know if you plan to support standard menu in future releases ?

I notice that menu seems hidden but working   :

Cidtek View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cidtek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2007 at 1:36pm
Originally posted by oleg oleg wrote:

Hi,

You stated about a year ago that menu support will coming in a future release. Anything on the horizon yet?

SuperMario View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperMario Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2007 at 1:42pm
you must use the commandbars, but all you need to do is drop the commandbars object on the form, nothing more, no code.  it will translate the standard vb menu for you at runtime....
Cidtek View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cidtek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2007 at 2:50pm
Originally posted by SuperMario SuperMario wrote:

you must use the commandbars, but all you need to do is drop the commandbars object on the form, nothing more, no code.  it will translate the standard vb menu for you at runtime....

Not only is that money spent on a component I don't need, but also the last time I looked it definitely is not a lightweight control. My VB menus are simple but necessary.

Its a pity because I would buy the SkinFramework in a flash but not if I have to buy commandbars to stop my apps from breaking.

youka View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote youka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2007 at 3:45am
Originally posted by SuperMario SuperMario wrote:

Hi, i dropped a commandbar control onto a standar vb form with menus, nothing happend. and the main menu is invisible. can you tell me how to do the auto translation?

i found the same problem as this topic states, becuase we use a component provided designer, (with menus), we can not hack into it. but the skinframework do hide the menu.
youka View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote youka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2007 at 4:02am

OK i solved the above problem by myself ...............after deleting the common control toolbar in that form......

meaningoflights View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote meaningoflights Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 October 2007 at 9:31pm
Hi,

This thread would be really good to have as a sample tutorial. I think "Mike" does the demo's... its just really worrying when you start off using these controls and menu's go missing (I'm having to convince mgr's to wait and see the full eval before making up their mind).

Oleg and team, your product is almost perfect guys, please either better document this one or go there extra yards with it.

Cheers

Jeremy Thompson (MCSD)
Shragel View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shragel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 October 2007 at 9:47pm
After i put the commandbar control all my code for the menu handling stopped working.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic