Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > Visual C++ MFC > Toolkit Pro
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

GIF transparency

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote znakeeye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: GIF transparency
    Posted: 13 January 2007 at 6:58pm
Xtreme Toolkit Pro has a lot of classes, so before I try to implement this sh*t myself, I'm going to ask the gurus :)

GDI+/MFC gives us CImage - a quite handy class for image loading/saving. The problem is that it cannot draw a GIF correctly. The transparent parts are drawn in solid green.

My question is; is there a class in the library that can help in this case? All I want to do is to load a GIF with transparency and then paint it correctly.

Thanks!
Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2007 at 3:23am
Hi,
try OleLoadPicture:

#include <olectl.h>

HRESULT Load(LPCTSTR szFile)
    {
        CComPtr<IStream> pStream;

// Load the file to a memory stream
        HRESULT hr = FileToStream(szFile, &pStream);

if (SUCCEEDED(hr))
        {
            // Decode the picture
            hr = ::OleLoadPicture(
                    pStream,            // [in] Pointer to the stream that contains picture's data
                    0,                    // [in] Number of bytes read from the stream (0 == entire)
                    true,                // [in] Loose original format if true
                    IID_IPicture,        // [in] Requested interface
                    (void**)&m_pPicture // [out] IPictire object on success
                    );
        }

return hr;
    }

HRESULT DrawImg(HDC hdc, const RECT& rcBounds)
    {
        if (m_pPicture)
        {
            // Get the width and the height of the picture
            long hmWidth = 0, hmHeight = 0;
            m_pPicture->get_Width(&hmWidth);
            m_pPicture->get_Height(&hmHeight);

// Convert himetric to pixels
            int nWidth    = MulDiv(hmWidth, ::GetDeviceCaps(hdc, LOGPIXELSX), HIMETRIC_INCH);
            int nHeight    = MulDiv(hmHeight, ::GetDeviceCaps(hdc, LOGPIXELSY), HIMETRIC_INCH);

// Display the picture using IPicture::Render
            return m_pPicture->Render(
                hdc,                            // [in] Handle of device context on which to render the image
                rcBounds.left,                    // [in] Horizontal position of image in hdc
                rcBounds.top,                    // [in] Vertical position of image in hdc
                rcBounds.right - rcBounds.left,    // [in] Horizontal dimension of destination rectangle
                rcBounds.bottom - rcBounds.top, // [in] Vertical dimension of destination rectangle
                0,                                // [in] Horizontal offset in source picture
                hmHeight,                        // [in] Vertical offset in source picture
                hmWidth,                        // [in] Amount to copy horizontally in source picture
                -hmHeight,                        // [in] Amount to copy vertically in source picture
                &rcBounds                        // [in, optional] Pointer to position of destination for a metafile hdc
                );
        }

return E_UNEXPECTED;
    }
Oleg, Support Team
CODEJOCK SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS
znakeeye View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote znakeeye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2007 at 6:03am
Thanks! I'll give it a try.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic