Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > Visual C++ MFC > Report Control
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Virtual Drag and Drop

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnCrenshaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Virtual Drag and Drop
    Posted: 12 January 2007 at 1:40pm
I needed to implement drag and drop from some virtual lists to a calendar control. I set up the calendar control fairly easily to recieve the drop, but when it got the drop, it had been sent the virtual records. In a virtual situation having the record without knowing what row number it was from is 100% useless. I just finished overriding all the code in a new custom control so that it will send me enough information. Is there any way that this code could be fixed for future versions to make drag and drop possible in virtual mode without massive work?

Also, how about a quick function to register the calendar control to recieve OLE drag and drops from the report controls? It seems that this should be able to parse out the CXTPReportControl OLE information by default (with virtual functions so the programmer can decide what to do with the row/record.) I think it ought to also be able to deal with any text by just creating a new event. Just some thoughts.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic