Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > Visual C++ MFC > Toolkit Pro
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Suggestion or advice...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote danpetitt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Suggestion or advice...
    Posted: 05 January 2007 at 10:30am

Would it be possible for the Toolkit to add a Visual Studio 2005 style CTRL+TAB document navigator to an MDI MFC app?

At the very least is it possible to emulate the CTRL+Tab cycle between the last two opened windows (by letting go of CTRL between time) and CTRL+TAB rotating amongst all windows (when CTRL is kept down)? (http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/a96fx0b9(VS.80).aspx)

Or can someone point me in the right direction to do it myself??
Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2007 at 12:53pm

Hi,

Was imlpemented in 10.4 release.
Oleg, Support Team
CODEJOCK SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS
danpetitt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote danpetitt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2007 at 1:38pm
wow cool. Would my MFC MDI app upgrade quite cleanly to 10.4 from 2006 Q2 or are there any issues I should be aware of?
Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2007 at 2:04pm
Hi,
I think you can quite easy update. better wait week/two. We will release minor update 10.4.1.
Oleg, Support Team
mgampi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mgampi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2007 at 2:52pm
Originally posted by oleg oleg wrote:

Hi,

Was imlpemented in 10.4 release.

Hi Oleg;

how could the 'Navigator' window be activated/opened. In my MDI app the switching between MDI child windows wit CTRL-TAB / CTRL-SHIFT-TAB is possible, but I do not know how to activate the navigator.
VS2005 uses Alt-F7 top open it..

Martin
Martin

Product: Xtreme Toolkit v 19.0.0, new Projects v 19.1.0
Platform: Windows 10 v 1909 (64bit)
Language: VC++ 2017
danpetitt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote danpetitt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2007 at 7:35pm
you need to call m_m_paneManager.EnableKeyboardNavigate(); to get this functionality.
mgampi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mgampi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 January 2007 at 7:29am

Thanks Dan;

that's ist. I searched the documentation but I didn'd find the right function. Maybe my search terms were wrong .

Martin

danpetitt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote danpetitt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 January 2007 at 2:17pm

I just looked at the Whidbey sample to find out what functions in MainFrame OnCreate were new ;-)

mgampi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mgampi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 January 2007 at 5:28pm
Hi Dan;
I'm using the toolkit for several years - the earliest release I remember is v1.9. I'm very satisfied with the toolkit as is but all the years I'm really dissatisfied with the documentation. Most of my programmers life I'm faced with terse time to market. And searching samples to find out how something works isn't very effective...
Perhaps I'll experience a good documentation before I retire
Martin

danpetitt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote danpetitt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2007 at 10:50am
I must admit I have always been disappointed with the docs, they are absolutely useless I am afraid to say.

It says nothing more than pressing F12 ... what I want is reasons and purposes for the method or class with some examples. Without, we have no idea what SetSortAscending is actually going to do, the name isnt clear enough.
mgampi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mgampi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2007 at 2:02pm

Hi Dan;

Perhaps we should press the guys at codejock to supply us a satisfying documentation.
I believe that only with a good documentation I'm able to use all the provided features to its extents. I realized that I'm currently using about 30 to 40 percent of all available features due to lack of documentation. Scanning the forum shows me that I'm not alone! I forgo the next major release to get a documentation that is worth to be called 'documentation'!

Martin

danpetitt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote danpetitt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2007 at 6:44pm
It would be nice, but I should like to add that Codejock are doing a great job with some brilliant code ... and i know full well about the drudgery of writing help.

But it would help us all, and it would help cut down on support.
Simon HB9DRV View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Simon HB9DRV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2007 at 3:18am
Originally posted by danpetitt danpetitt wrote:

It would be nice, but I should like to add that Codejock are doing a great job with some brilliant code ... and i know full well about the drudgery of writing help.

But it would help us all, and it would help cut down on support.

How about a samples cross-reference?

For what we pay we get amazing code and 101% support from Oleg and his friends, support could not be any better.
Simon HB9DRV
danpetitt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote danpetitt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2007 at 5:04pm
Sorry to resurrect this post, but it is based on this.

I (my users) love the way the Navigation is done properly with CTRL+TAB 'release' toggles between last document, and CTRL+TAB 'hold' cycles around documents .... but I have a few users complaining that they dont want to see the great big navigation window.

Is there anyway to keep the behaviour but not see the window or could you point me to the right place in the code to make some mods myself.

Thanks
Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 February 2007 at 1:12am
Hi,
you can only not set xtpPaneKeyboardUseCtrlTab option for EnableKeyboardNavigate method.
Oleg, Support Team
danpetitt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote danpetitt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 February 2007 at 12:32pm
Can I request this to be added please.

Its quite urgent for my customers as current MFC behaviour is absolutely rubbish, and they really dont like the VS2005-like window navigator ... they just want it to behave like VS6 used to.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic