Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > Visual C++ MFC > Docking Pane
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Resize CXTPDockingPane

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aamirzia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Resize CXTPDockingPane
    Posted: 07 December 2006 at 2:11am
Hi All,

I have created CXTPDockingPane using CXTPDockingManager::CreatePane
method and initialized to size CRect(0,0,100,50). Later, in my code i have handled the RightClick action of the CXTPDockingPane and their i want to change the size of my Pane to CRect(0,0,100,100).

In order to this, i created my own class CMyDockingPane inherited from CXTPDockingPane and created a Method setMyWindowRect(CRect) which only calls CXTPDockingPane::setWindowRect(Crect) in order to use PROTECTED method setWindowRect(Crect) of CXTPDockingPane.

I have called setMyWindowRect(CRect(0,0,100,100)) but it does not do any thing, can anybody help me out to resize CXTPDockingPane ?

thanx for reading
akur View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote akur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 December 2006 at 3:35am
Try calling this

pPane->SetMinTrackSize(CRect(0,0,100,100));
pPane->SetMaxTrackSize(CRect(0,0,100,100));

to resize your pane immediately (if necessary, call also m_pPaneManager->RecalcFramesLayout(); afterwards).

Then you can set back the min tracking size to a zero-rect and max tracking size to any very big rect.
Wisebee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wisebee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2007 at 5:00am
I faced this problem also previous. In the case mentioned above, must use resizing method 2 times(SetMix~ and SetMax~). This will be four times, when restore window to original size after resizing. But, we commonly resize window by using SetWindowRect() once (and will be 2 times when restore window to original size).

May SetMinTrackSize(), SetMaxTrackSize is best way?
Thanks for reading :)
Be fun~
akur View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote akur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 March 2007 at 1:36am
So does this mean that you have a simple solution for this problem using SetWindowRect()?
When you resize your pane using SetWindowRect(), what updating function do you call afterwards?
akur View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote akur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2007 at 3:02am
Did you manage to solve this problem already?
Wisebee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wisebee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 April 2007 at 4:19pm

Wow, sorry about my laziness. It's been 'hugely' busy days for me.

By first, the answer is NO.
I'm using exactly same way as you posted.
I was just curious to know there is something more simple way.

Be fun~
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic