Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > Visual C++ MFC > Docking Pane
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Problem adding new panes

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote simus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Problem adding new panes
    Posted: 28 November 2006 at 11:18am
Hi,

I have an application already running with several panes.
The user is able to load/save placement from files and the application also save the placement each time it is closed.

That's OK.

Now I have to add 7 more panes to the existing application. So I want to use the already existing placement for old panes and define default placement for new added panes.

In the code, I took a pane already existing in previous version and make the new pane to the reference one:
    - paneMgr.AttachPane(newPane, oldPane)

And there I have a problem.
If the reference pane is docked (for me on the right), when everything is docked I see that the panes are well attached (the panes are unioned one to the other)

If then I try to undock the pane (_ToggleDocking) the pane, the panes are not well attached to the reference one, all the panes are drawn one next to the others. and so I have the 7 panes that take the whole screen.

I looked a little bit inside the code and I saw a difference for the Holder of the panes, the new panes have an Holder (return by _GetHolder) that is different from the Holder retrieve for the previous existing panes.

Does anyone have an idea on how I can solve that. Thanks!

Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2006 at 1:17pm
Hello,

You can set these holders manually if you wish.
Oleg, Support Team
CODEJOCK SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS
simus View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote simus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2006 at 2:44am

Is there a property for that, or do i need to subclass DockingPane to make it public?

Thanks
Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2006 at 6:23am
Hi,

Loop panes and set values for XTP_DOCKINGPANE_INFO structure

POSITION pos = dp.GetPaneList().GetHeadPosition();
 while (pos)
 {
  XTP_DOCKINGPANE_INFO& info = dp.GetPaneList().GetNext(pos);
  if (info.pPane == pPane)
     info.pFloatingHolder = ..
 }
Oleg, Support Team
CODEJOCK SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS
simus View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote simus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2006 at 8:37am

Many, many thanks

it works

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic