Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > Calendar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

MS Access and recurrent events

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Erwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: MS Access and recurrent events
    Posted: 22 November 2006 at 4:32am
I'm using V10.3.1 of the ActiveX CalendarControl from within MS Access but based on a SQL Server 2000 database. In other words, the MS Access application is just a front-end for the SQL DB. I have managed to get the Calendar working on the SQL Server backend via a custom dataprovider based on the VB sample. Everything works fine as far as non-recurrent events are concerned. Recurrent events are also stored correctly in the database but there seems to be a problem when retrieving these events.

Although I use the custom properties method in my CreateEventFromRS routine, the master event does not appear to be created correctly. I have debugged the entire data provider and everything seems to be working OK (DoReadPattern gets called to read the pattern and the exceptions for the master event, etc.). Also, the dataprovider is called to create all the occurences of the given recurrence pattern. However, when, later on I try to access the recurence pattern for any given occurence (e.g. to find the master event) I find that it is not there.
I get the feeling that the event and the recurrence pattern is read correctly by the data provider but they are somehow not tied together properly by the control itself (i.e. by the hidde/common part of the DataProvider).

Does anybody have any ideas?
WBR,

Erwin
dangier View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dangier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2008 at 10:37am
Hi Erwin,
I have a similar environment -- SQL Server backend and MS Access frontend. Also, most of the events are Master events with an associated recurrence. At this time, only the exceptions show up on the calendar--not the master events (recurrencestate = 1). Would you mind sharing what you found as a solution?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic