Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > Visual C++ MFC > Toolkit Pro
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Multiple ribbons

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
znakeeye View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote znakeeye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Multiple ribbons
    Posted: 19 October 2006 at 5:18pm
How is it possible that you find the solution after you have posted a question at this forum?

I found the way:
ON_UPDATE_COMMAND_UI(XTP_ID_RIBBONCONTROLTAB, OnUpdateRibbonTab)

Then I simply show/hide the tabs. Only one ribbon. Smart =)

Thanks anyway!
znakeeye View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote znakeeye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2006 at 5:03pm
I managed to swap ribbons by adding them all in CMainFrame::OnCreate and then toggle their visibility in CXXXFrame::OnMDIActivate. This turned out to be a bad solution. You expect the swap to be instant, but it takes roughly one second.

There must be a better solution for this, or have I misunderstood the concept of ribbons? Maybe I should use that specialized tool-ribbon for my views?

Any ideas?
znakeeye View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote znakeeye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2006 at 4:30pm
Hi!

I have an MDI application with several different views. Each view needs its own ribbon. When a view is selected its ribbon should be loaded. I have not been able to find a solution for this. I read a post here where the ribbon was loaded into the child frame, but that just looks weird if you ask me.

Hence, I want multiple ribbons where only one is visible at a time. Do I need to remove and re-add a ribbon in order to accomplish this?

Thanks in advance!
/Chris, Sweden
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic