FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

MAPI and CustomProperties

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
zeko78 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeko78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: MAPI and CustomProperties
    Posted: 28 August 2006 at 5:22pm
Thanks Serge,

I'll be experimenting with custom DataProvider for a while, so no immediate need for a fix.

Best regards,
Gøran
sserge View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sserge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 August 2006 at 5:11am
Should be avalable in a nearest couple of weeks (10.3.1).

Contact support (www.codejock.com/support) if you'd like to get a fix earlier.

--
WBR,
Serge
zeko78 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeko78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 August 2006 at 3:41am
Hi Serge,

How can I get some kind of uniqe identifier for the event to link my "custom map or array" and the event? The event.id for a particular event changes each time I run the Calendar sample app.

The Custom Properties with the MAPI provider is very important to us, and I don't see any way we can use it without...

Do you have an idea about when the a new version with support for this will be avilable?

Best regards,
Gøran

sserge View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sserge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 August 2006 at 2:08am
Hi,

Unfortunately, in the current version of the MAPI DataProvider a collection of Custom Properties is not yet supported... They are not saved correctly into MAPI.

As a workaround I can recommend you to store your properties in some custom map or array. Also, one of a nearest updates should have updated DataProvider with this functionality fixed.

--
WBR,
Serge
zeko78 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeko78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 August 2006 at 10:44am
Hi,

I'm trying to set (and save) a custom property with each event, using the MAPI dataprovider.

I've added a button to the Calendar sample app with the following code:

CalendarEvents events = frmMain.Instance.wndCalendarControl.DataProvider.GetAllEventsRaw();
            for (int i = 0; i < events.Count; i++) {
                MessageBox.Show(events[i].Id.ToString() + ": " + events[i].Subject + "\n" + events[i].CustomProperties["PowerOfficeGUID"]);
                try {
                    String propVal = events[i].CustomProperties["PowerOfficeGUID"].ToString();
                }
                catch (NullReferenceException) {
                    MessageBox.Show("CustomProperties.Count=" + events[i].CustomProperties.Count.ToString());

events[ i].CustomProperties["PowerOfficeGUID"] = events[i].Id.ToString(); //Just some data, will be something else in real life app
                    frmMain.Instance.wndCalendarControl.DataProvider.ChangeEvent(events[i]);
                    MessageBox.Show("CustomProperties.Count=" + events[i].CustomProperties.Count.ToString());
                }                
            }
            frmMain.Instance.wndCalendarControl.DataProvider.Save();
            frmMain.Instance.wndCalendarControl.Populate();
            frmMain.Instance.wndCalendarControl.RedrawControl();

However, after running through this code the new properties isn't there.

The messageboxes showed that a property was added, but when running the code again, the CustomProperties.Count shows zero again.

I'm simply not able to get the new CustomProperty to "attach" to the event.

What am I missing? How do I save the customproperty after adding it to the event?

Best regards,
Gøran
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic