Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > Visual C++ MFC > Toolkit Pro
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

SetFloatingFramesOpacity bug

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ABuenger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: SetFloatingFramesOpacity bug
    Posted: 09 August 2006 at 8:03am
If the panes are not opaque and you click on a panes title all other panes are hidden but you can still dock the pane to the other invisible panes.

Also I would like to be able to set the opacity individualy for the panes.

Codejock support
ABuenger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ABuenger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2006 at 9:54am
Problem occurs in the DynamicPanes sample if you add m_paneManager.SetFloatingFramesOpacity (254); (or less) to CMainFrame::OnCreate.

The problem doesn't occur in my app, but I still would like to set the opacity for each pane individually.

Codejock support
ABuenger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ABuenger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2006 at 7:11am
If you have a larger transparent pane and it looses the focus you can see that it turns black before beeing transparent
Codejock support
ABuenger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ABuenger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2006 at 4:31am
Could you add a SetFloatingFrameOpacity method to the CXTPDockingPane class, where -1 (default) means the setting from the pane manager should be used?

So the current behavior isn't changed and the opacity could be set individually for each pane.

Codejock support
Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2006 at 10:12am

"If the panes are not opaque and you click on a panes title all other panes are hidden but you can still dock the pane to the other invisible panes. "

Can you give more details... Where is problem? You can dock to panes that in AutoHide mode?
Oleg, Support Team
CODEJOCK SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS
ABuenger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ABuenger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2006 at 10:23am
In the DynamicPanes sample of 10.30 I've added the following line:

Then run the app and create some panes and undock them:

If you then move any pane all other floating panes are hidden, but you can still dock the pane to them:

That is the bug I've found, but please don't forget my feature request. I've different types of panes and I only want to have some transparent, but some not. If you implement it the way I suggested above you won't break any existing code.
Codejock support
Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2006 at 11:02am
Hi,
Is it Windows 2000? What sp?
Oleg, Support Team
Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2006 at 11:03am
Hi again,
To prevent this problem suggest you use Alpha docking contrext if you use Opacity....
Oleg, Support Team
ABuenger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ABuenger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2006 at 11:54am
And what about the individual opacity for the panes?
Codejock support
Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2006 at 1:05pm
don't know....dont' know... Will make some virtual functions to allow override.

How it must work if 2 panes with different opacity docked in same  floating window... which opacity choose?
Oleg, Support Team
ABuenger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ABuenger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2006 at 1:10pm
Originally posted by oleg oleg wrote:

How it must work if 2 panes with different opacity docked in same  floating window... which opacity choose?

I'd say the opacity from the pane that is currently active should be used.

Codejock support
Sander74 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sander74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2006 at 5:30am
Originally posted by ABuenger ABuenger wrote:

If you have a larger transparent pane and it looses the focus you can see that it turns black before beeing transparent

I couldn't find an official reply to this, so I just wanted to mention that I'm running into the same thing. I'd be very interested in any info.

Floating panes briefly turn all black when their transparency is turned on.

Reproduce: add the line m_paneManager.SetFloatingFramesOpacity(200) to the PaneSample sample. Run it, make one of the panes floating, and then restart the application. The floating pane will turn black for a second before the attached child window has a chance to draw itself.

You can also set a breakpoint at the end of CXTPDockingPaneMiniWnd::OnNcPaint to see the black pane clearly. I traced it back to DrawFloatingFrame; for some reason the use of double-buffering (CXTPBufferDC) causes a problem when the frame window has the WS_EX_LAYERED style.
ABuenger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ABuenger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2006 at 5:01pm
Was this fixed in 10.4?

Will it be possible to set the opacity individually?

Codejock support
ABuenger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ABuenger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2007 at 11:52am
5 month later, same bugs, no individual opacity.

Could we get a word from Codejock?

Codejock support
Tomasz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tomasz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2010 at 7:30am
Are these problems solved now and is individual opacity feature available?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic