Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > Visual C++ MFC > Toolkit Pro
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ribbon 10.3

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ribbon 10.3
    Posted: 20 July 2006 at 2:27pm
Hi,

If someone want to play/test last Ribbon,
please check  Ribbon3.zip

Suggestion, bug reports, etc welcome

Oleg, Support Team
CODEJOCK SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS
ABuenger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ABuenger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2006 at 5:31pm
- Add gallery to quick access toolbar not supported

- Gallery items stay at the same position if you open it, they move up a few pixels in Office

- Ctrl+F1 should minimize the Ribbon

- "Minimize the Ribbon" is missing in the context menu

- If the Ribbon is minimized and opened with keyboard shortcuts it should float over the document

- Customization dialog way different that in Office

- If the window is maximized and you throw the cursor in the upper left corner the system button is highlighted, different behaviour than in Office

- Right clicking a tab opens the context menu with contains a disabled "add" item, item is not visible in Office

- No tooltip for file menu / button (Office shows 'File' if you hover over the button)

- Different metrics than in Office, several controls have the wrong size and position

- Resizing of the window still slow because of the Ribbon

- Ribbon does not support scrolling

- Drawing bugs for horizontal scrollbar

- Popup menu at the wrong position:

- Wrong background image for groups in QAT
- Group can not be closed by clicking the icon again

- No context menu for items in the "More controls" popup

- If the window is not active and you click on any control the window should be activated but the control not clicked

- Popups shouldn't automatically open if you move the mouse over it, just if you click it

- If you move the mouse over a group in the QAT and wait till the tooltip appears and then move the mouse over the popup next to it the tooltip remains in the background:

- Add to QAT not supported if you click on a groups title

I guess that's enough for today,  let me know when you want me to test the next version Tongue

Codejock support
ABuenger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ABuenger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2006 at 8:16am

Is it possible to link all 3 styles statically to the exe?

Codejock support
Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2006 at 9:07am
Hi, Good work. you killed me :)

About ""Minimize the Ribbon" is missing in the context menu".. Hmm seems you have newer version - I don't see it. Can you attach screenshot how new context menu looks?

Oleg, Support Team
gwoin View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gwoin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2006 at 9:19am
The popupcolor selector is reacting strangely in th 10.2 version but I cannot test it in this version.

When I add a popupColor control in the ribbonbar like this:

CXTPRibbonGroup* pGroupScene = [...];

pGroupScene->Add( new CXTPControlPopupColor(), ID_BACKGROUNDCOLOR_CHANGE );

the application crashes when I press the arrow of the control:

But it does not crash if I just press the button(even if the popup control does not appears)

Then, I would like to propose the popup menu to the users when they click on the arrow and to open a colordialog when they press the button.
I add this part of code when the button is pressed:

CXTColorDialog *co = new CXTColorDialog(oldColor , oldColor , CPS_XT_SHOW3DSELECTION|CPS_XT_SHOWHEXVALUE);

co->DoModal();
COLORREF c = co->GetColor();

So when I press the button the dialog appears, but when I press the arrow the application still crashes...

Marcus View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marcus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2006 at 11:39am
Originally posted by oleg oleg wrote:

About ""Minimize the Ribbon" is missing in the context menu".. Hmm seems you have newer version - I don't see it. Can you attach screenshot how new context menu looks?
Oleg, look here: http://blogs.msdn.com/jensenh/archive/2006/07/20/672345.aspx
Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2006 at 2:34pm
Hi,

Gwoin, override CXTPControlPopupColor and its
BOOL CXTPControlPopup::OnSetPopup(BOOL bPopup)

Marcus, So this 2TR release is already available? Do you have it?
Oleg, Support Team
Marcus View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marcus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2006 at 3:58pm
No, I don't have it. I don't know, if it's yet available.
But in the blog entry you can already see screenshots and a video.
Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2006 at 5:03pm
ok, thanks.
Oleg, Support Team
Dieter View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dieter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2006 at 4:47pm
I'm sorry but Ribbon3 crashes always.
I tested this on different systems (Win XP, 2000).
One can see parts of the application's frame: two thick lines on the left and the right and a narrow line at the bottom.
Dieter

Product: Xtreme ToolkitPro version 15.2.1
Platform: Windows XP (32bit) - SP 3
Language: Visual C++ 6.0, Visual Studio 2010
Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2006 at 9:00pm

Hi, Are you sure you unzip Styles folder? Check, it must be Styles subfolder with 3 files.

Oleg, Support Team
Dieter View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dieter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2006 at 5:23pm
Thank you very much Oleg!

That was it.

Dieter

Product: Xtreme ToolkitPro version 15.2.1
Platform: Windows XP (32bit) - SP 3
Language: Visual C++ 6.0, Visual Studio 2010
ChrisG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChrisG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2006 at 11:28am
Is the source for Ribbon3 available anywhere? I am trying to implement
office 2007 themes with ribbons et al and would like to know more about the syle dlls. Any help would be appreciated, thanksWink
Chris Gratwick
Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2006 at 12:27pm
Hello,
10.3 will be released in this or next week.
Oleg, Support Team
Marcus View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marcus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2006 at 9:06am
Just a little detail: The caption buttons like close and minimize are not animated when you resize the main window so that the ribbon gets hidden.
Marcus View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marcus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2006 at 4:30am
Tooltips are also missing look also different Geek

Sample crashes when you click on "Page Layout / Themes / Effects"
ABuenger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ABuenger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2006 at 7:35am
Originally posted by Marcus Marcus wrote:

Sample crashes when you click on "Page Layout / Themes / Effects"

Does it crash at the moment you click on "Effects" or when you close the app after clicking Effects? The later happens here.

Codejock support
Marcus View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marcus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2006 at 7:57am
It crashes immediately, even before the mouse button goes up.
Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2006 at 9:22am
Yes, was bug of sample :(

ID_THEMES_BUILTIN   and ID_TEXT_COLOR_SELECTOR had same id:

#define ID_TEXT_COLOR_SELECTOR          2813
#define ID_THEMES_BUILTIN               2813

Oleg, Support Team
ChrisG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChrisG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2006 at 10:21am
Excellent, just in timeBig smile
Chris Gratwick
ChrisG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChrisG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2006 at 5:18am
Oleg, hello again. The 10.3 stuff looks great, and we especially like the obsidian style for ribbons etc.  I see that the Office2007 style has blue and aqua, will it at any stage have a black style? Or do i need to create one myself?

thanks!
Chris Gratwick
Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2006 at 8:32am
Yes, we didn't create it yet. :(
You can dig some vista like styles on devianart.

Oleg, Support Team
ChrisG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChrisG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2006 at 9:01am
Thanks Oleg, played with Deviant Art/Visual Styles a while ago. Didnt think to try for this...will give it a go.
Chris Gratwick
andujar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andujar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2006 at 12:34pm

Oleg,

Is there any current support for, or planned support for, super tooltips as in http://blogs.msdn.com/jensenh/archive/2005/12/02/499371.aspx ?

I'd love the ability to add this kind of detail to the tooltips.  As of now, I could only figure out how to add text.

Thanks.
ABuenger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ABuenger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2006 at 3:21pm
Originally posted by andujar andujar wrote:

Is there any current support for, or planned support for, super tooltips

It's already supported, just check out the Ribbon sample.

Codejock support
andujar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andujar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2006 at 3:47pm
I have spent quite a bit of time in the ribbon sample.  But anyway, I just now moused over every single icon on every tab of the ribbon and saw no examples of any tooltips with anything other than simple text and all of that text appears to come from static entries in the stringtable.

Please clarify what you are referring that demonstrates using images, horizontal lines, or hypertext in a tooltip as per the link I pasted in previously (so, anything other than the first image).
gwoin View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gwoin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2006 at 3:57am
I found this about super tooltips:

It could be very cool and useful if it was integrated in Xtreme ToolkitPro.
jimmy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2006 at 5:21am
Yes, please add this to codejock.
i also use the base class of XSuperTooltip.
Named PPHtmlTooltip. I also use PPHtmlStatic.
Very, very good controls.
Would be nice, if codejock have this controls to his libraries.

gshawn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gshawn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2006 at 8:51am
Originally posted by gwoin gwoin wrote:

I found this about super tooltips:

It could be very cool and useful if it was integrated in Xtreme ToolkitPro.

Is it realistic to ask Codejock to integrate some third party code into their commercial library? I'd think there would be some pretty thorny licensing issues to work out first... More than likely they will come up with their own implementation of it.
gwoin View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gwoin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2006 at 10:38am
Yes, we cannot ask CodeJock to add this code on their ToolKit (commercial or not).

Of course, I wanted to say "It could be very cool and useful if the same thing was integrated in Xtreme ToolkitPro".
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic