Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > Report Control
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tag Property for a Record Item

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jcollier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tag Property for a Record Item
    Posted: 14 June 2006 at 2:23pm
Is there any way to store info about a particular Item?  For example, I want to replace a vbAccelerator grid with the Report Control.  In the grid I am using now, I can store the primary key for a customer name, employee name, etc in a property called .CellItemData.  If I have a grid that has both customer name and employee name columns, I can store CellItemData for both in each cell.  If I can recreate that functionality, I can use the Report Control.

Thanks!
sserge View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sserge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2006 at 3:39pm
Hi,

ReportRecord has a property Tag where you can store your custom information for a record. There are no similar property for ReportRecordItem, but we can add it for next versions if you think it would be useful.

However, you can use some workarounds for that purpose:

1) you can have an array of keys, and assign it to Record.Tag property, then read a key by a correcponding Item index.

Dim ar(10) As Integer
ar(0) = 10
ar(1) = 9
Record.Tag = ar

2) You can add any number of Items to the Record, which will be never visible, and store your custom information as their .Value property. Then you can access it like Record(ItemIndex + BaseItemsNumber).Value

--
WBR,
Serge
jcollier View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jcollier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2006 at 4:05pm
sserge,

Thanks for the info.  I definitely think it would be useful to be able to just say Item.Tag and then retrieve that info just as we would Item.Value.  It may also be helpful if we could do something like:

RC.Item(RowID, ColumnID).Tag

In place of RowID it would also be helpful to be able to code:

RC.Item(RC.SelectedRow, ColumnID).Tag

Thanks!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic