Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > Suite Pro
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Avoiding OCX Registration

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Avoiding OCX Registration
    Posted: 19 May 2006 at 11:21am

Hi,

I have created a C# application that utilises CommandBars and Docking Panes. I am trying to run the application from a network location using the <codebase> feature of the app.config file that allows .NET assemblies to be downloaded to the client. I am also specifying the generated Codejock Interop files (e.g. AxXtremeSuiteControls.dll and XtremeSuiteControls.dll).

This works fine as long as I have the Codejock OCX files registered on the 'target' machine. I am looking for my client to zero footprint for the application.

Does anyone know of anyway to avoid having to have the Codejock OCX files registered on the 'target' machine? (Is this what manifests are for?)

Regards,

Daley
Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2006 at 12:18pm
ocx is ActiveX file that must be registered. You can put ocx file near interop and manually register it in code.... Try to call DllRegisterServer of ocx.
Oleg, Support Team
CODEJOCK SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS
Zach View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2006 at 11:40pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic