Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > Calendar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

VB Using MS Access

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote atwist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: VB Using MS Access
    Posted: 04 May 2006 at 6:46pm
I was evaluating your calendar software and wanted to use Visual Basic and tie into Access.  I didn't see anything in the document telling what tables/fields to use or much dealing with Access.  Is there anything?
sserge View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sserge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2006 at 4:29pm
hi,

If you use Calendar's Database Data Provider, it has a predefined structure of the database and creates an empty one it by calling .Create method. See VB Sample app, try to use this data provider and then open in Access the created file to look at its structure.

Of course you can enhance the database as you'd like -- the created structure is just a minimum required for a standard Calendar's functionality to work.

Also there is an AccessSample(version).mdb which shows how to use Calendar control from inside Access.

Let me know if you'll have any specific questions.

--
WBR,
Serge
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic