Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > Visual C++ MFC > Docking Pane
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Inconsistent "pinned" pane behavior

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Inconsistent "pinned" pane behavior
    Posted: 30 May 2003 at 9:53am

Using the Visual7 GUI example:

Click the pin icon on the workspace window.  ClassView, Solution explorer etc go to a tab at the top of the frame.  Now mouseover or click on the "toolbox" tab on the frame's left side, the toolbox window expands.  Now move the pointer out of the toolbox window, the toolbox window contracts again Star.  Now repeat with the Classview etc tab atop the frame - notice that when you move the pointer out of the expanded window the window does not contract Confused.   If you click in another window it contracts, but if the window you want is under it then you have a problem...

I'm hoping that the toolbox window is the one that acts as designed, that's the behavior I'd like to see in all pinned docking panes.

I'm liking the toolkit very much, BTW.

"Before I built a wall I’d ask to know / What I was walling in or walling out, / And to whom I was like to give offense."
from Mending Wall   by Robert Frost
Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2003 at 10:16am

It should be like that.

The docking window must contract after the mouse pointer leaves it  only if its child window is  not active. It works like VS.NET docking windows.

Toolbox docking pane does not have child that's why it cannot be activated.

Brian3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2003 at 10:38am
OK, I see what you're saying.  Then I guess my question is this: is simply mousing over the minimized docking window's tab really supposed to set focus in that window?  This just doesn't feel right (if I'd CLICKED on the tab it would feel right, though).  I don't use VS.NET so I don't have a feel of what's correct, but this just feels wrong.
Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2003 at 11:48am

Now I see. It is fixed.

Thank you for good advice.

Brian3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2003 at 11:51am
Cool.  Is this something I can easily patch in my copy of the source?
Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2003 at 12:36pm

There are changes in some  files.

We are planning to release hot fix on this week.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic