Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > Report Control
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

OLEDrag

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote debehs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: OLEDrag
    Posted: 25 January 2006 at 8:23am

Is that possible to use OLEDrag under this control?

Please advice. Thanks.

SuperMario View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperMario Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 March 2006 at 2:50pm
Will be available in version 10 coming soon  Beta 2 is available now with Drag and Drop.  beta.codejock.com to download.
John31 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 April 2006 at 2:38pm

Just to be clear on this.

OLE Drag and Drop will be in the final release of Version 10 for the Report Control?

Regards

John Layton
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperMario Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 April 2006 at 5:49pm
Yes, it is already in beta 2
John31 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 April 2006 at 6:02pm

Not the version I have.  Which is Version 10.0.  Is has standard Drag Drop , but not OLEDragDrop.

I can drag and drop to forms in the same application/dll but if I try to drag and drop to another app it will not work. 

I am pretty sure I am running Beta 2 since all others have expired. 

Regards

John Layton
Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2006 at 8:17am
OLEDragDrop is VB specific object.
To drag in another application, parameter ClipboardString of EnableDragDrop call must be same for both application.
Oleg, Support Team
CODEJOCK SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS
John31 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2006 at 11:31am

Looking further into the docs I see a sample with the BeginDrag event.  The control I have does not have this event.  How do I get the new version.  I have installed Beta 2.

Regards

John Layton
Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2006 at 11:55am

Standard drag and drop works for two applications also. Run 2 instances of ReportSample and try to draw from TaskList of one appliaction to another.

Oleg, Support Team
John31 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2006 at 12:43pm

I got it working using the EnableDragDrop method.  However, the drag icon does not show so the user has no visible indication that a drag operation has started.

iDragDataType = RC1.EnableDragDrop("RC1", xtpReportAllowDrag Or xtpReportAllowDragCopy)

Will this be changed in the final release?

Is the typical SetData method going to be added so that simple text can be passed in the Data object instead of the byte array?

Regards

John Layton
Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2006 at 1:21pm

Hello,

You need xtpReportAllowDrop to show icon.

Oleg, Support Team
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperMario Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2006 at 1:33pm
See this post, maybe the sample code will help you:

https://forum.codejock.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=1652&PN=1
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic