Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > Command Bars
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Using Alpha Icons in Designer Studio

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boyd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Using Alpha Icons in Designer Studio
    Posted: 01 January 2004 at 11:18am

How do you use 32-bit Alpha icons with the Command Bars Designer Studio (ActiveX 8.60)?  I have tried using the 'Load From File' button on the Icon Editor, but it is not opening ICO files (so far, I got it to open a BMP file, but I would think it should be able to open an ICO file since part of the application deals with icons).  If I can't open a 32-bit Alpha icon file, how do I specify the alpha portion of the icon?

Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2004 at 2:20am
Currently you can't load them in Designer, but you can laod them in the code. See StaticBars sample
Oleg, Support Team
CODEJOCK SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS
Boyd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boyd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2004 at 2:09pm

Thanks, and I still have two questions:

1. My understanding is that you have to use the Designer in order for the menus to be customizable by the end user.  If this is true, will loading the icons through code interfere with the customizations made by the user?
  2. Alpha icons aside, I still cannot load any icon files using the 'Load From File' button on the Icon Editor.  This includes both the Designer and the interface provided to the end user when customizing a toolbar.  Is this something that will be addressed in a future build?

Thanks again!

Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2004 at 11:50am

1. It must work without problem.

2. Designer's image editor can't work with Alpha icons and can load only bitmap (.bmp) files.

Oleg, Support Team
Boyd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boyd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2004 at 12:08pm

At any point do you plan to add support for ICO files?  It is very tiring to constantly "erase" the areas of the bitmap that should be transparent in the icon.

Also, if Bitmap files are the only supported file type, it would be beneficial to populate the file type filter on the Open dialog.  This would help to self-document to end users that ICO and other file types are not supported.

Thank you for the follow-up.

Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2004 at 11:12pm
Yes we plan to add support ico and alpha icons. Now we add filter "Bitmap files(*.bmp)" in this dialog.
Oleg, Support Team
SuperMario View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperMario Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2004 at 10:58pm
Alpha Icons are supported in the next release (8.62)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic