Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > Visual C++ MFC > Docking Pane
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Create Layout Dynamically

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thodgson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Create Layout Dynamically
    Posted: 08 December 2003 at 2:42pm

Using the Pane Sample from the Xtreme Toolkit Pro 8.6, there are two layouts "editor" and "run".  As far as I can tell, these two layouts are pre-packaged and not created on the fly.

What's the best way to create layouts on the fly, instead of loading them from the registry or file.  I want to do it progromatically, but am running into some issues: If I load a layout, then call the DockPane method, I get an error.

Anyone have a good example of accomplishing this?

Thanks,

Tim

Edited by thodgson
Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2003 at 1:39am

They are not predefined. 

Comment GetDockingPaneManager()->SetLayout(m_pEditorLayout); and you  will see it yourself.

Oleg, Support Team
CODEJOCK SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS
thodgson View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thodgson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2003 at 6:18am

After some digging and experimenting, I now see how the layouts are done.  One has to create the layouts by moving the panes to the desired location, then save the current position as a layout.  Then, when the program is loaded a second time, the layouts can be loaded from the registry/file/xml and not created from scratch again.

I originally was creating the layouts on the fly each time the program was loaded, and I was trying to save the last layout.  When I reran the program, I could load the last layout, but the program crashed whenever I tried to move the panes around dynamically - with DockPane or Hide, etc.

Just wish there was some documentation on this  - explaining that that is the way it should be done - though I am thankful for the sample, since that is all I had to go on.

Tim

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic