Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > Command Bars
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

StatusBar Status

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScottW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: StatusBar Status
    Posted: 02 August 2005 at 11:42am
I am using the 9.7 evaluation version and was experimenting with the CommandBar built-in statusbar. I am using a modified version of the SDI tutorial application where I added SaveStateToString and LoadStateFromString. If the user disables toolbars, their state is saved and restored automatically. However, if you hide the statusbar, it is visible when the app reloads. Should this be the case? Is there a recommended method of storing other user options along with the commandbar state, like the current theme selection, etc?
SuperMario View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperMario Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2005 at 2:27pm
After you load your commandbars you could check your hide\show statusbar menu item to see if it is "checked", it if is not checked, then you hide the status bar.
ScottW View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScottW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2005 at 3:05pm
I tried that, but it always appears to be unchecked right after it is loaded, even if it was checked when it was last saved. Does the SaveState string include the checked status of each button? What exactly is stored in that long string of letters? It seems to remember the position of each toolbar, but how much does it store about each individual button on the toolbars?
Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2005 at 5:00am

SaveStateToString doesn't include state of StatusBar.

You can try SaveCommandBars/LoadCommandBars methods.

Oleg, Support Team
CODEJOCK SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic