Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > Visual C++ MFC > Toolkit Pro
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

CXTPHookManager::OnWindowsHookProc

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rdhd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: CXTPHookManager::OnWindowsHookProc
    Posted: 16 September 2022 at 11:40am
I have code that, depending on circumstances, calls ::SetWindowsKookEx with WH_CALLWNDPRCRET. We just noticed that it was failing to work when we use it.

With CJ 19.0, it works fine. With 19.3, it no longer works. I have traced this to using CJ shadows. I enable shadows in the version of our app that uses 19.0 and the version that uses 19.3.

I found CXTPHookManager::OnWindowsKookProc is used when a shadow is in use in 19.3. And, the code there appears wrong to me. I have always checked the input code and if >= 0, I do my processing. Then, regardless of the code, I always call ::CallNextHookEx.

I the CJ method, CJ only calls ::CallNextHookEx if the code < 0. This prevents my hook from ever being called.

Why isn't CJ calling the next hook in this case? I modified the CJ code to always call ::CallNextHookEx and it fixes my issue with 19.3. Is this an oversight or does CJ have some reason to avoid that.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic