Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > Visual C++ MFC > Controls
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

CXTPButton pressed states on Windows 11

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rdhd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: CXTPButton pressed states on Windows 11
    Posted: 18 August 2022 at 4:13pm
Customers are complaining when they run our app on Windows 11 about buttonns when they are in the pressed state. One can hardly tell they are pressed. I found CXTPButton uses uxtheme::DrawThemeBackground with BP_PUSHBUTTON and PBS_PRESSED. This has worked fine everywhere else but on Windows 11, I am seeing something like (249,249,249) when pressed and (253,253,253) when pressed.

I generated a simple MFC app and put a button on the About dialog to test and the results are the same. Has anyone found a way to get a color to draw so a user can actually tell when a button is pressed on Windows 11?
rdhd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rdhd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2022 at 12:24pm
I sent a request to Microsoft and they have replied that this issue will be addressed on two upcoming Win 11 updates. No news on when though.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic