Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > Visual C++ MFC > Toolkit Pro
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

When will Visual Studio 2022 be support ed?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeeJay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: When will Visual Studio 2022 be support ed?
    Posted: 17 November 2021 at 6:47am
Or does the latest version already support building and linking with Visual Studio 2022? (haven't tried it yet)

Thank you!
docontrol View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote docontrol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2021 at 10:50am
Just tried it today in a 32-bit MFC project using C++ 20, Windows 10 SDK and Visual Studio 2022 (v143) platform toolkit. So far all works fine but the CodeJock dlls and libs were built previously using Visual Studio 2019. 

I have not tried to build CodeJock using Visual Studio 2022 or any of the samples.
BeeJay View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeeJay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2021 at 11:52am
Sounds good, thanks! :)

(I'd appreciate a VS 2022 compiler rebuild of the libs nevertheless, as it probably might positively affect "whole program optimization" gains of VS2022 compiler/linker as we link XTP statically)
docontrol View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote docontrol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2021 at 4:11am
I suppose it will be a while before Visual Studio 2022 is officially supported. CodeJock just released 20.2 and still no support for Visual Studio 2022. I have tried to build the libraries using Visual Studio 2022, but the AppWizard integration is not supported in the Deployment Wizard.

With regards to the build process, I migrated the CodeJock project files to PlatformToolset v143, replaced "160" with "170" in the project files and added #define _XTPLIB_VISUALSTUDIO_VERSION "vc170" to XTToolkitPro.h. All built fine.

Of course (?) I do not plan to use these files in production. I'd rather wait for the official support. Also there are too many project files to update, if I want all of them to target VS 2022.
calvi View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote calvi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 November 2021 at 12:46pm
That's a pain.  I'll now have to install VS 2019 alongside 2022.  I wish Codejock would take advantage of Microsoft's beta program for Visual Studio, so that they are ready to update their software to coincide with Microsoft's releases.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic