Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > Visual C++ MFC > Skin Framework
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Does this really work?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
rdhd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rdhd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Does this really work?
    Posted: 11 October 2021 at 2:34pm
Well my image didn't show up. I guess copy&paste shows up in the post window but not when I post. Try again.

rdhd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rdhd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2021 at 2:32pm
Well even with per monitor aware I have issues. I had to move over the items in the "Properties" group to even see them. Note how the background is missing. The controls at the button "Ok" ... only displayed when I clicked alt to do an alt-printscreen.

rdhd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rdhd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2021 at 5:21pm
I've added skinning to our application to try it out. I have loaded the Windows10 theme and tried White and Black. But I find some dialogs simply don't display correctly. Controls that don't show up until I move the cursor over them is the problem I am looking at now.

Dialog "X" (close) icons that are slightly too big or in some cases too small (a tiny little "x").

My app is running on a desktop that has a 4k monitor scaled to 200%. My other monitors are "normal" and the DPI is 100% for them. My DPIAwarenessContext is set to "system aware".

I even have a dialog that doesn't show up if I have moved my app to my 4k monitor and bring it up. I found the dialog via control-alt-spacebar then hit an arrow key and move the mouse. It pops up on my non-4k monitor but it is HUGE.

I have also seen message boxes show up on my 4k monitor that are tiny when my app is on the non-4k monitor. When skinning isn't enabled, I see none of these problems. I have a UI that lets me enable and disable skinning at will. The problems go away if I disable, and show up if I enable them.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic