Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > Command Bars
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Arrow not display in exemples

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aminasking Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Arrow not display in exemples
    Posted: 31 July 2021 at 1:08pm
Hello
Why arrow is not display Thumbs Down (see the pic)

rdhd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rdhd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2021 at 11:26am
We have potentially this issue though I have not examined it yet. Customers are saying that if the fonts we use are untrusted. The Windows 10 OS appears to now be blocking untrusted fonts. Here is what our customers are saying:

"UI resources such as down arrows on icons, etc. do not display properly when the Windows 10 security setting to block untrusted fonts is enabled. The resources either do not display at all or display as alphanumeric e.g. the Solid Edge icons have a character "3" displayed instead of the expected down arrow."

Microsoft has determined untrusted fonts to be a low risk and that users can enable the use of untrusted fonts as the default. But, some customers are balking at disabling that setting.

See https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/microsoft-security-baselines/dropping-the-quot-untrusted-font-blocking-quot-setting/ba-p/701068

Perhaps you have that setting enabled to block untrusted fonts.
markr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote markr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2021 at 4:20pm
Installing the latest (v20.0) CodeJock fonts resolved this problem for me. Now the v20 samples are displaying ribbon UI elements (drop-down arrows, etc.) correctly.

[EDIT] Unfortunately, taking this step breaks all other (previously installed) products that use (v19.3) version of Codejock.ttf. Which is a huge problem. Cry
rdhd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote rdhd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2021 at 4:32pm
Perhaps someone at CJ can explain why. I didn't do any research yet as to how to make a font "trusted". Perhaps just signing them. I'm assuming it was the untrusted issue. Did you first try to change the OS setting before upgrading to see if it avoids the issue? You know, help me do my job!!!
Aminasking View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aminasking Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2021 at 5:59am
Hi

I used the methods quote on this page https://docs.microsoft.com/fr-FR/troubleshoot/windows-client/shell-experience/feature-to-block-untrusted-fonts but nothing worked; same problem.

I don't think it's a problem with the Fonts..Disapprove

My Configuration

Windows 10 Pro 64 Ver 21H1 Build 19043.1110 ActiveX Ver 20.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aminasking Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2021 at 6:06am
I tried with version 20 but had the same problem markr can you give more explanation how you did it?
Thanks
markr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote markr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2021 at 5:17pm
In my case, it's not an issue with the font being untrusted. Rather, the "CodeJock.ttf" font file changed substantially between XTP v19 and v20. Those changes don't appear to be backward compatible.

If you install the v19 CodeJock fonts, then v20 apps won't show ribbon resources correctly.

Similarly, if you install the v20 CodeJock fonts, then v19 apps won't show ribbon resources correctly.
rdhd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rdhd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2021 at 5:27pm
Thanks for the info markr

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aminasking Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2021 at 11:24am
Hi..
Yes it work..Wink

What I did: I just reinstalled codejock.ttf and it's working. Thanks Markr for the tip.

I think CJ should specify this in the help file.

Thanks to everyone who participated to resolve this problem Thumbs Up

CodeJock is still the leader UI components.Heart

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic